Slow Cooker Spiked Apple Cider – apple cider simmered in the slow cooker with fresh oranges, apples, cinnamon and spiked with rum or bourbon.
Spiked Apple Cider in the Slow Cooker
There is nothing better than the smell of apple cider simmering away in the slow cooker. Add a shot of rum or bourbon to make it spiked apple cider and you have the cozy apple cider cocktail that is perfect through fall and winter. I love making and serving it in the slow cooker because it’s a hand off approach and easily stays warm for serving.
How to Make Slow Cooker Spiked Apple Cider
- Add good quality apple juice to slow cooker.
- Add thinly sliced oranges, apples, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves and brown sugar and stir.
- Heat on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in rum or bourbon before serving.
- Garnish cups with orange peels and cinnamon sticks.
- Use rum or bourbon in this recipe. Both pair nicely with hot apple cider.
- Adjust alcohol to taste.
- Use orange peels, cinnamon sticks and/or star anise as drink garnish.
- Leftovers can be stored covered up to three days. Reheat gently over low heat.
More Holiday Drink Recipes
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram at @no2pencilblog
Apple Cider simmered in the slow cooker with fresh oranges, apples, cinnamon, cloves and spiked with bourbon or rum.
- 2 quarts apple juice
- 2 small oranges thinly sliced
- 2 apples thinly sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tablespoon whole cloves or whole star anise
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups rum or bourbon
Add apple juice to slow cooker.
Add oranges, apples, cinnamon sticks, cloves or star anise and brown sugar. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Stir in rum or bourbon before serving.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS