Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe – Packed with sausage, apples, cranberries and fresh herbs. Save space in the oven with this holiday favorite.
Slow Cooker Stuffing
This Slow Cooker Stuffing is going to be your new favorite Thanksgiving side. Not only does it free up a spot in your oven, it is out of this world delicious. It’s packed with sausage, apples, and tart cranberries. Combine that with the fresh sage, rosemary, and flat leaf parsley, and it is Thanksgiving perfection. This slow cooker stuffing stays moist and flavorful, while the sides get crunchy and delicious from the heat of the slow cooker walls.
Slow Cooker Stuffing Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Sage
- Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh Parsley
- Golden Delicious Apple
- Dried Cranberries
- Chicken Stock
- Bread Cubes
How to Make Stuffing in the Slow Cooker
- Start by sautéing onions and celery is a large sauté pan. Brown one pound of sausage. I usually use a 1 pound chub of breakfast sausage.
- Stir in fresh herbs, dried cranberries, and diced apples, and get ready for your kitchen to smell like Thanksgiving. Once those fresh herbs hit the warm pan, it is heavenly!
- Now grab the big bag of unseasoned bread cubes and add them to the slow cooker. I’ve tried making my own bread cubes, but in this recipe, store bought is the way to go. They save you time and they have a better texture than fresh. Pour the sausage mixture over the top and stir together. Finally, stir in heated turkey or chicken stock and melted butter.
- Cook for about 4 hours on low. Sprinkle with additional parsley before serving.
More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Garlic Herb Butter Thanksgiving Turkey
- Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Corn Casserole
- Pumpkin Cheese Balls
- Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Easy Pecan Pie
- Best Pumpkin Pie
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram at @no2pencilblog
Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe - Packed with sausage, apples, cranberries and fresh herbs. Save space in the oven with this holiday favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 golden delicious apple cored and diced
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock or turkey stock
- 6 cups unseasoned bread cubes for stuffing
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
Saute onions and celery in olive oil over medium heat, until they start to soften.
Add sausage, breaking up as it cooks.
Season sausage with 1 teaspoon of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Once sausage is cooked through, stir in fresh herbs.
Stir in apples and cranberries.
In a large slow cooker, combine breadcrumbs and sausage mixture.
Stir in turkey stock and melted butter.
Cook on low for about 4 hours.
Sprinkle with additional fresh parsley.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS