This Slow Cooker Mulled Wine is packed with fruity flavors and warm spices, and is perfect for the holidays. We always make slow cooker apple cider at Christmas time and sometimes spike it with a little rum. After trying this Mulled Wine recipe, I have a new favorite holiday drink. It’s just so warm and cozy and delicious, plus it gorgeous!
I used red wine, apple juice and fresh cranberries to make a sweet and just slightly tart mulled wine, but I’m looking forward to experimenting with a white wine and maybe even a rose!
Whole spices can be very expensive, so my favorite tip is to check all the aisles for spices. The groceries stores in our area all have a Hispanic food aisle where you can find most whole spices for only a dollar, compared to nine or ten dollars in the baking aisle! The Alberston’s in our neighborhood carries a huge display of local spices that are a great deal, and the Winco we shop at has bulk bins where you can buy just the spices you need.
- 1 bottle of dry red wine I used a blend
- 3 cups of apple juice
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 6 ozs of fresh cranberries rinsed
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star of anise
- 1/2 cup of rum
- Fresh orange slices for garnish
- 1 green apple cut in half for garnish
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, combine wine, apple juice, honey, cranberries cinnamon sticks and star of anise.
- Cook on low for about 3 hours.
- Stir in rum and fresh fruit for garnish.
- Switch slow cooker to keep warm and serve.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS