These Bell Pepper Nachos are packed with flavor and perfect as a meal or an appetizer. Colorful mini bell peppers stuffed with seasoned lean ground beef and black beans, topped with cheese and your favorite nachos topping. I’m excited to serve these as a healthier option at our Super Bowl party this year!
These mini bell peppers are a perfect substitute for tortilla chips and they can be served hot or at room temperature.
This recipe makes two sheet pans of bell pepper nachos. For a smaller serving size, divide recipe in half.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2/3 cup of beef broth
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 15 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 pounds mini bell peppers deseeded and cut in half lengthwise
- 8 oz of shredded colby jack cheese
- Sliced olives green onions, fresh tomatoes, sliced jalapeño, guacamole and/or sour cream for topping.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray two baking sheets with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large saute pan, brown ground beef.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika and chili powder.
- Add beef broth and sprinkle in cornstarch.
- Let simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in black beans.
- Arrange mini bell peppers halves on sheet pans and spoon filling into bell peppers.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, rotating sheets pans halfway through.
- Top with favorite nacho toppings, including sliced olives, green onions, fresh tomatoes, sliced jalapeño, guacamole and/or sour cream
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
If you like this recipe, you may also like some of my recent favorites:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS