These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are so delicious and a total snap to make! The best part is that there is no draining and you free up your stove top for other dishes. Make these slow cooker mashed potatoes early in the day and use the keep warm setting on your slow cooker, or make the day before and reheat.
Start with diced potatoes and low sodium chicken broth. These can be cooked on high or low depending on your schedule.
Once the potatoes are cooked through, do not drain. Add butter, cream cheese, half and half, salt, pepper and chives and mash using a potato masher until smooth.
- 3 pounds red or gold potatoes peeled or unpeeled cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 1 stick of butter, at room temperature, cut into cubes
- 4 oz of cream cheese 1/2 of a package at room temperature, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of half and half warmed
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of freshly minced chives
In a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker, combine low-sodium chicken broth and potatoes.
Cook on high for about 3 hours or low for about 6 hours, slow cooker times can vary.
Once potatoes are tender, add butter, cream cheese, half and half, salt, pepper and chives to slow cooker and mash until smooth. Do not drain chicken broth.
Keep warm until ready to serve.
Adapted from Better Homes & Garden Slow Cooker Holiday Help
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
You may also like:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS