These Crunchy Baked Tacos have become a weekly dinner at our house. They are incredibly easy to make, and you can have them on the table in about twenty minutes. These baked tacos are a huge hit with my kids every time we make them, and they’ve been asking for weekly “Taco Tuesdays” since we watched the The Lego Movie.
I’ve seen quite a few variations of this recipe with different ad-ins, like refried beans, tomato sauce, and taco sauce. I stuck to the way we usually make our tacos, which is just seasoned ground beef (or turkey!). This method has the added bonus of keeping the tacos crunchy. We add taco sauce or salsa and sour cream after the tacos are baked. The cheese and meat soften the bottom of the shells just a bit, but you are able to pick them up and eat them right out of the dish. Perfect for a crowd!
Check out the melty goodness after just ten minutes in the oven!
- 1 1/4 pounds of 85/15 ground beef
- 1 5.8 oz box of Yellow Corn Taco Shells 12 shells
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 cups of freshly shredded colby jack cheese
- romain lettuce
- vine-ripened tomatoes
- sour cream
- taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place shells in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Brown ground beef and season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese in the bottom of taco shells.
- Evenly distribute ground beef in shells.
- Top ground beef with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about ten minutes, or until cheese is melted and shells have started to crisp.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream, taco sauce, lettuce and tomatoes.
For even more dinner ideas, check out these easy dinner recipes!
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS