Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas – This shrimp fajita recipe is seriously so easy and delicious! All you have to do is scoop the juicy shrimp, tender bell pepper and onions into a soft warm tortilla for a super fast and easy weeknight dinner!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
The onions and bell pepper are sliced very thin so that they cook at the same rate as the shrimp, and everything is cooked on just one sheet pan. Finish this shrimp fajita recipe with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro for a dinner that is packed with flavor and veggies! Yum! Just try and resist sneaking bites of this delicious shrimp hot out of the oven!
Shrimp Fajita Ingredients
- Shrimp – large peeled and deveined shrimp, tail on or off. Tail-off shrimp are easier to serve after cooking. Tail-on shrimp are pictured here in the photos. For best quality shrimp, buy frozen and thaw at home.
- Red Onions – can be substituted with yellow or white onions.
- Bell Peppers – yellow, red, orange, or green, if you prefer. I like to use a mix for a colorful dish.
- Fajita Seasoning – Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Salt, and Pepper. Alternatively, you can substitute a store bought fajita seasoning packet.
- Olive Oil – or avocado oil
- Lime Wedges
- Flour Tortillas or Corn Tortillas – for a low-carb version try lettuce warps or carb smart tortillas.
How to Make Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- In a large bowl, toss together thinly sliced bell pepper, onions, olive oil, and seasonings.
- If you prefer, skip the bowl and mix everything on the sheet pan and toss to coat.
- Roast fajita mixture in the oven at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- Then switch the broiler on and let the shrimp and bell pepper pick up a little char for about 2 minutes.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the hot shrimp and veggies and sprinkle with cilantro.
- While the shrimp are cooking, warm fajita-sized tortillas on the stove-top.
What are Good Toppings For Fajitas?
- Cheese – Shredded Cheese or Queso Fresco are good options
- Sour Cream – the cool tangy topping is perfect with the fajita spices
- Guacamole or Sliced Avocados – a delicious way to add extra nutrition and healthy fat
- Salsa – a delicious homemade salsa is always a welcome way to add extra flavor
- Pico de Gallo – add extra spice and texture
What To Serve Alongside Fajitas
On busy weeknights, we usually serve fajitas without a side dish. Using just tortillas, avocados, and sour cream to dress them up. But for hosting a bigger weeknight dinner, here are some ideas for side dishes.
- Mexican Rice – try stovetop Mexican Rice or Instant Pot Mexican Rice. They are both a reader and family favorites.
- Refried Beans – use canned beans with a splash of milk to make them smoother. For homemade refried beans, these Slow Cooker Refried Beans are amazing and make great leftovers.
- Black Beans – seasoned canned black beans are a quick way to add fiber to the meal.
- Mexican Vegetables – toss zucchini with olive oil and some of the same seasonings as the fajitas for a tasty roasted vegetable.
This is the best 20-minute dinner ever! So flavorful and unbelievably easy to make! I left the tails on the shrimp to make them look a little prettier in the pictures, but they can be removed prior to cooking if you prefer, and definitely remove before eating:0)
More Fajita Recipes
If you love quick and delicious meals like this shrimp fajita recipe, you will love these other sheet pan fajita recipes!
How to Store Leftovers and Reheat
Store leftovers in the fridge tightly covered in an airtight container for up to three days. These work great for meal prepping! To reheat on the stove, use a large skillet over medium-high heat to quickly warm shrimp and bell peppers. To reheat in the microwave, heat in a microwave safe container for 1 minute, stir and add more time only as needed. Overheating will make the shrimp tough.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- tortillas warmed
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, shrimp, olive oil, salt and pepper and spices.
Toss to combine.
Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
Spread shrimp, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet.
Cook at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
Squeeze juice from fresh lime over fajita mixture and top with fresh cilantro.
Serve in warm tortillas.
If preferred, remove shrimp tails prior to cooking for easier serving.
More Easy Shrimp Recipes
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS