Shrimp Tostadas with Corn Salsa – seasoned shrimp, refried black beans, creamy avocado, and fresh corn salsa on a crispy tostada shell.
Shrimp Tostadas with Corn Salsa
Filling and fresh, these shrimp tostadas are perfect on a busy weeknight. Refried black beans on a crispy corn tostada topped with avocado, mexican style shrimp and a delicious corn salsa. Shrimp and corn salsa are such a delicious combination, and perfect on a simple tostada. I use my easy technique for crispy baked tostada shells, but these would work great on store bought tostada shells as well.
Shrimp Tostada Ingredients
- Medium or Large Shrimp – peeled, deveined and tail removed are preferable, and makes preparation very quick
- Refried Beans – refried black beans or pinto beans
- Tostada Shells – homemade or store bought
- Avocados – mashed with a squeeze of lime juice to prevent browning and a pinch of salt
- Corn Salsa – can be made ahead and refrigerated
- Queso Fresco – prefer using fresh and crumbling over tostadas
How to Make Shrimp Tostadas
- Start by preparing corn salsa and setting aside. Can be made ahead.
- Use homemade tostada shells or store-bought.
- Toss shrimp with seasonings and sauté in olive oil.
- Assemble tostadas by layering warmed refried black beans, avocado, shrimp, corn salsa, and queso fresco.
- For a short cut corn salsa, combine thawed frozen corn with store bought pico de gallo.
- If using my recipe to make crispy baked tostada shells, you can cook the shrimp on a separate sheet pan instead of stove top. They will only need to cook for about 8 minutes at 425 in the oven.
- To make canned refried beans smoother and easier to stir, add a splash of milk.
- This recipe makes extra corn salsa, which is great with tortilla chips or Fritos.
Shrimp Tostadas with Corn Salsa - seasoned shrimp, refried black beans, creamy avocado, and fresh corn salsa on a crispy tostada shell.
- 3 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup red onion diced small
- 1 jalapeño diced, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed
- cilantro handful chopped
- 8 corn tostada shells
- 1 pound shrimp thawed, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can refried black beans warmed
- 2 avocado mashed with lime juice and a sprinkle of salt
- queso fresco
Prepare corn salsa by stirring all ingredients together and setting aside. This can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss shrimp with salt, pepper and seasoning. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add shrimp. Cook over medium high heat until shrimp is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Assemble tostadas by layering beans, avocado, shrimp, corn salsa, and a sprinkle of queso fresco.
MORE POPULAR MEXICAN RECIPES
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Frozen Margarita Recipe
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS