Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a snap to make and loaded with fresh veggies and flavor! Colorful bell peppers, red onions and chicken tenders simply tossed together with olive oil and spices. Squeeze fresh lime juice over them after cooking, sprinkle with fresh cilantro, wrap them in a warm tortilla and that’s it! I like soft flour tortillas for my fajitas but corn would be great too, and a little lighter.
Sheet Pan Fajitas
A few weeks ago, I posted my Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas recipe and it is one of our favorite recipes now. I sometimes switch it up with chicken and wanted to share that variation here too! I’m really loving sheet pan dinners right now. They are so easy to make but the best part is how easy they are to clean up! Since sheet pan dinners are often just a protein and veggies, they tend to be healthier too.
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Start by slicing red onions and seeded bell peppers into 1/4 inch slices. Toss onions, bell peppers and chicken tenders with olive oil and spices. I like to do this in a large bowl, but if I don’t feel like using a bowl, I’ll just add everything to the sheet pan and give it a toss. I like to use a dark colored sheet pan for this recipe. The dark color heats up quicker than a light colored sheet pan and helps caramelize the onions and bell peppers.
- For easier clean up, I spray the baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- To make things quicker, I use chicken tenders in the recipe which are just chicken breast that have already been sliced into strips. If you have whole chicken breast, just cut them into bite sized strips.
- Roast the chicken and veggies at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees on a meat thermometer. For extra flavor, turn on the broiler and let the veggies pick up a little extra color. Just run the broiler for 1-2 minutes, checking frequently so they don’t start to burn.
What to Serve with Chicken Fajitas
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Mexican Rice
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Frozen Margaritas
- Homemade Salsa
- Baked Tortilla Chips
More Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipes
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a snap to make and loaded with fresh veggies and flavor! Colorful bell peppers, red onions and chicken tenders simply tossed together with olive oil and spices.
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast tenders
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small red onion sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- tortillas warmed
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, chicken tenders, olive oil, salt and pepper and spices.
Toss to combine.
Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
Spread chicken, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet.
Cook at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 1-2 minutes just letting the veggies pick up some color. Watch carefully to make sure they don't start to burn.
In the last five minutes of cooking,not while the broiler is on, let tortillas wrapped in foil warm in the oven.
Squeeze juice from fresh limes over fajita mixture while hot and top with fresh cilantro.
Serve in warm tortillas.
Tortillas are not included in the nutrition facts.
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are just so tasty! Serve them with fresh guacamole, salsa, and my favorite, a little sour cream!
For even more dinner ideas, check out these easy dinner recipes!
If you like this recipe, you may also like some of my recent favorites:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS