One of my favorite healthier on the go lunch or breakfast ideas is a Starbucks Protein Bistro Box. They recently updated it with even more protein by adding an extra hard boiled egg. My DIY version of Starbucks Protein Bistro Box is incredibly easy to make, and great for breakfast or lunch. Hardboiled eggs sprinkled with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper, fresh grapes, apple slices, cheese, multigrain bread and honey roasted peanut butter. What I really love about these is that you don’t need to heat them up, so they are great for school or work.
- 8 eggs hardboiled and peeled
- 2 cups of grapes washed
- 2 large apples washed and sliced
- 4 reduced fat Mini Babybel cheeses
- Honey-Roasted Peanut Butter portioned into 2 ounce containers
- 2 multi-grain flatbread sandwich thins cut in quarters
- fresh lemon juice optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Brush apple slices lightly with fresh lemon juice to prevent browning if desired. Alternatively, keep the slices face down and pressed together prevent browning as well.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble protein bistro boxes and store refrigerated.
I initially cut the hardboiled eggs in half for the picture, but found that the yolks dried out a bit. I recommend storing the hardboiled eggs whole.
If peanut allergies are a concern, try subbing Sunflower Butter.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
You may also like:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS