These Cream Cheese Danishes are so easy to make and they are absolutely delicious. Bakery quality lemony cream cheese danishes fresh and hot out of the oven. This is one of my go to recipes for a special breakfast or brunch. Perfect with a fresh cup of coffee or an ice cold mimosa!
Puff pastry sheets make these danishes a snap to make and they bake up golden brown and delicious. The buttery layers are perfect with the cream cheese filling.
If you are hosting a breakfast or brunch, these danishes can be prepped ahead of time. Assemble as directed and instead of baking refrigerate covered with plastic wrap. Unwrap and bake in the morning as directed. You may need to add a few minutes to the baking time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest from one large lemon
- 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry thawed according to package instructions
- Egg wash 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar and softened cream cheese. Beat until smooth.
- Add egg yolks, ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, salt and lemon zest and mix until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently roll puff pastry sheet out to smooth the creases.
- Using a sharp knife, divide puff pastry into four squares.
- Spoon cream cheese filling onto each puff pastry square, dividing filling evenly between squares.
- Brush edges of puff pastry with egg wash and fold two corners in, making sure they over lap.
- Brush top of puff pastry with egg was and bake at for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
Can be made ahead, refrigerated and baked the following day. Adjust cooking time as needed.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS