Jack O’ Lantern Halloween Fruit Tray and Fruit Dip – this easy and creative Halloween appetizer is perfect for a party! Kid-friendly healthy fruit with a creamy fruit dip.
Jack O’ Lantern Fruit Tray and Fruit Dip
This fruit tray is so easy and so impressive! I used a large 18 inch round cheeseboard that holds a lot of fruit. What I love about this fruit display though, is you can customize it depending on how many people you are serving.
Everyone who saw this tray immediately smiled! It’s so cute and fun in person.
Creative Halloween Appetizer
I’m always looking for new and fun ideas to take to parties and my kids’ classrooms for holidays. What I love about this is that it is totally kid friendly but something adults will love too! I spotted something similar on Pinterest and I knew it would be fun to recreate on a larger scale for a party.
For the fruit dip, I placed some grapes around the edge of the bowl along with a plastic spider. I think they look like spider eggs!
This is the fruit dip that my sister always brings to family events, and it is always a hit with kids and adults. A smooth creamy combination of cream cheese, marshmallow creme and Cool Whip. It’s perfect for dipping and can easily be made ahead.
Tips for Making a Halloween Fruit Tray
- Give yourself plenty of time to peel the oranges. That is the most time consuming part. Better yet, have a few people help peel. Many hands make light work.
- The oranges can get dried out, so you can lightly mist them with water and/or keep them tightly covered with plastic wrap to keep them moist.
- Use fruit you already have on hand. Strawberries, raspberries, green grapes and apple slices would also work well!
This easy Hallowen Fruit tray with Fruit Dip is the perfect creative Halloween appetizer.
- 8 pounds mandarin oranges peeled
- 2 pounds purple grapes washed and taken off the stem
- 1 pound blueberries washed
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachemnt, beat together softened cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Transfer to a serving bowl.
On a large round serving tray, arrange prepared fruit into Jack O' Lantern shape. Serve with fruit dip.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
Okay, this is just too cute! What a great idea for little ones!
This is adorable! It’s perfect for our school’s Fall festival!
This is such a fun idea!! I love it!
Such a fun platter! My kids will love this!
This dip was so tasty! I’ll definitely be making again and making the pumpkin out of oranges for an upcoming kids party.
katerina @ diethood.com
This is absolutely adorable!! Such a fun idea!
Cutest treat ever! So simple but so healthy and fun! Love it!
The yummiest pumpkin & cutest pumpkin! This would be great all fall long..my kids love fruit!