I’m really excited to share this recipe for a homemade microwave brownie in a mug. I’ve used simple ingredients to create a real homemade brownie in a cup. Mug brownies are the best kind of brownies, because you don’t need to share!
How to Make a Brownie in a Mug
- This recipe is based off my popular recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup, and I have been working hard to develop this delicious, decadent, single-serving treat.
- These treats are easy to make, and a reader favorite. Perfect for a late night snack, or an after-school snack.
- Since this single serving brownie is made in the microwave, it’s great for kiddos just learning to cook or those who don’t have access to an oven.
- Just like my other cookie in a cup recipes, you can mix and microwave this right in a coffee mug. I used a ramekin for these pictures, but either will work wonderfully. Just make sure it is microwave safe.
- This brownie in a mug is absolutely amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- Just a note, make sure to follow the steps I have outlined in the recipe, and don’t substitute spreads for butter:0)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 firmly packed tablespoon of light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons of semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Melt butter in microwave safe mug or ramekin.
- Butter should be melted, not boiling.
- Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in egg yolk. Do not use egg white! Save for a different recipe or discard.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and stir again until well combined.
- Finally, add chocolate chunks.
- Cook for about 45 seconds in microwave. Do not over cook. Microwave times may vary.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS