I’m really excited to share this recipe for a homemade microwave brownie in a mug. I’ve used simple ingredients to create a real homemade brownie in a cup. Mug brownies are the best kind of brownies, because you don’t need to share!
How to Make a Brownie in a Mug
- This recipe is based off my popular recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup, and I have been working hard to develop this delicious, decadent, single-serving treat.
- These treats are easy to make, and a reader favorite. Perfect for a late night snack, or an after-school snack.
- Since this single serving brownie is made in the microwave, it’s great for kiddos just learning to cook or those who don’t have access to an oven.
- Just like my other cookie in a cup recipes, you can mix and microwave this right in a coffee mug. I used a ramekin for these pictures, but either will work wonderfully. Just make sure it is microwave safe.
- This brownie in a mug is absolutely amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- Just a note, make sure to follow the steps I have outlined in the recipe, and don’t substitute spreads for butter:0)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 firmly packed tablespoon of light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons of semi sweet chocolate chips
Melt butter in microwave safe mug or ramekin.
Butter should be melted, not boiling.
Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla and salt.
Stir in egg yolk. Do not use egg white! Save for a different recipe or discard.
Add flour and cocoa powder and stir again until well combined.
Finally, add chocolate chips.
Cook for about 45 seconds in microwave. Do not over cook. Microwave times may vary.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS