Instant Pot Pumpkin Churro Bites – homemade pumpkin bread bites rolled in cinnamon and sugar made right in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Churro Bites
A few weeks ago, I shared these cream cheese stuffed Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites, and I’ve been meaning to post a churro version as well. These pumpkin churro bites are larger than the original pumpkin bites. Since there is no cream cheese stuffing, there is more room for batter in the molds. I used the full recipe from my Pumpkin Cream Muffins as the starting point.
A few people have asked about the texture before making. Since these are cooked with a covered heat, they aren’t the same texture as something baked in the oven, which is a drier heat. The texture is a richer, denser pumpkin bite.
- 2 Silicone Molds and Trivet
- 6 Qt Instant Pot
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHURRO PUMPKIN BITES
- Spray insides of silicone molds with nonstick cooking spray, then spray inside of silicone lids.
- Combine ingredients for pumpkin batter as instructed in the recipe.
- Divide pumpkin batter into molds and cover with silicone lids.
- If you don’t have silicone covers, cover molds tightly with foil.
- Add one cup of water to Instant Pot, then stack molds on trivet and place in Instant Pot.
- Cook on High Pressure for 12 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove Churro bites from Instant Pot and molds.
- Brush lightly with melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Please note this recipe makes 14 pumpkin bites. If you only have one silicone mold, you can divided the batter and cook in two batches.
POPULAR INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Instant Pot Stuffed Shells
- Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef
- Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram at @no2pencilblog
Homemade pumpkin bread bites rolled in cinnamon and sugar made right in the Instant Pot.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Spray two sets of silicone molds and silicone lids with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, milk, honey, vegetable oil, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract and whisk together.
In a larger mixing bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, and all-purpose flour. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Divide pumpkin batter evenly between molds for a total of 14 bites.
Cover both molds with silicone lids or with foil. Add one cup of water to Instant Pot and place molds on trivet and place in Instant Pot.
Cook for 12 minutes on high pressure, then let Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, release additional pressure and carefully remove pumpkin bites from Instant Pot. Remove lids or foil and turn out onto a plate.
Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Lightly brush pumpkin bites with melted butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
These are perfect seasonal treats that are so easy!! Thank you for sharing the recipe!
These look so delicious and yummy! I can’t wait to make this recipe! My family is going to love this!
Where have these been all my life?!? They’re so good and very addicting. Loved them!
These were such a delicious pumpkin treat. We loved them.
I need to order those silicon molds. I’m not quite ready to give up my pumpkin treats. These look amazing!
I love how easy they are and they’re a big hit with my kids!
These are the best!! The instant pot makes it so easy, they are soft, & taste so heavenly!!
I’ve made these several times and we LOVE them! So easy to make too.
Wow! where has this been my whole life!? this is the most amazing dessert, and it hit all my fall dream cravings! thank you so much for sharing this recipe!