This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is THE BEST chicken noodle soup I have ever had and it’s one of the easiest I have ever made. Tender chunks of chicken in a rich homemade chicken broth with big hearty veggies. Homemade Instant Pot chicken noodle soup from scratch in less than an hour.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
If you have been on the fence about buying an Instant Pot, this is the recipe that will make you an Instant Pot lover! I am talking the most delicious homemade chicken broth you have ever had. This soup is so flavorful and rich, you won’t believe that this starts with just a whole chicken, veggies and water.
If you are just getting started with your Instant Pot, or are thinking of adding one of these handy electric pressure cookers to your kitchen, this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is a great recipe to get started with! It’s easy to make, and you won’t believe how delicious it is.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Start by using the Saute function of the Instant Pot to saute the onions and veggies. One of the greatest features of the Instant Pot is that it is truly a one-pot wonder. You can saute veggies and brown meat right in the pot.
Then add the whole chicken to the pot. Mine was about five pounds. Make sure you have removed any giblets.
Add 8 cups of water, soy sauce, salt and pepper. The soy sauce is the secret ingredient to this rich and flavorful chicken broth. You can’t taste the soy sauce, but it enhances the meaty flavor of the broth. Lock the lid in place and set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 20 minutes.
The Instant Pot will take 15-20 minutes to come to pressure, then it will start the count down from 20 minutes. After the countdown is complete and the Instant Pot switches to keep warm function, Quick Release the pressure and carefully remove the lid once all the pressure is released. Remove the chicken and set aside to shred.
Turn the Instant Pot back to Saute and let the chicken broth come to a simmer. Add in the noodles and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. While the noodles are cooking, shred the chicken. Once the noodles are tender, add the chicken meat back to the Instant Pot and stir in the parsley. The soup will be very hot, so be careful when serving.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Chicken Noodle Soup Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup - Tender chunks of chicken in a rich homemade chicken broth with big hearty veggies. Homemade Instant Pot chicken noodle soup from scratch in less than an hour.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 5 carrots peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 celery sticks sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 whole 5 pound chicken giblets removed and discarded
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 8 cups of water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces of extra wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup of minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- Set Instant Pot to Saute function.
- Heat olive oil and onions until onions start to soften and become translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots and celery and saute for another minute.
- Add whole chicken to Instant Pot, followed by water, soy sauce, 2 teaspoon of salt and several turns of freshly ground pepper.
- Turn off Saute function, lock Instant Pot lid in place, make sure pressure valve is set to sealing and set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 20 minutes, via manual mode.
- Instant Pot will take 15-20 minutes to come to pressure, then will countdown from 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes at high pressure, Instant Pot will beep and switch to keep warm mode.
- Turn pressure release valve to Quick Release pressure.
- Carefully open Instant Pot, keeping lid angled away from you to avoid very hot steam.
Remove whole chicken and set aside to shred.
- Turn Instant Pot back to Saute function and let chicken broth come to a boil.
- Stir in egg noddles and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, shred chicken into bite sized pieces discarding bones and skin.
- Once noodles are cooked, stir in chicken meat and fresh parsley.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Adapted from The America’s Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook
This chicken noodle soup is pure comfort food, I can’t wait for you to try it!
For even more dinner ideas, check out these easy dinner recipes!
If you like this recipe, you may also like some of my recent favorites:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS