Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers – Flavor packed ground beef, chopped veggies, mexican rice and melty cheese are cooked and served inside colorful bell peppers. Just ten minutes on high pressure for amazing stuffed peppers in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers are so easy and delicious. The ground beef cooks right in the bell pepper so prep is so easy! I use my favorite mexican rice recipe for the stuffing.
I love this recipe, it’s so versatile and packed with flavor. These stuffed peppers are adapted from my CrockPot Stuffed Peppers recipe that has been a reader favorite for years. I love that the Instant Pot version only takes 10 minutes on high pressure.
How to Make Stuffed Peppers in the Instant Pot
- Trim tops off of bell peppers and dice.
- Heat chopped onions in tomato sauce mixture to soften onions.
- Combine uncooked ground beef with rest of filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup of water into Instant Pot and place bell peppers on rack.
- Fill bell peppers with ground beef mixture and top with additional cheese.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, then use a quick pressure release.
How Long to Cook Stuffed Peppers in the Instant Pot
This is an Instant Pot recipe that actually cuts down on cooking time. So many Instant Pot recipes, mine included, use the Instant Pot as more of a multi cooker than a pressure cooker. It’s convenient to use the Instant Pot as a one pot multi cooker, but with the time it takes to build pressure, cook and release pressure, it doesn’t always cut down on actual cooking time.
These stuffed peppers cook in just ten minutes on high pressure and use a quick pressure release, so with the time it takes to build to pressure it’s about 25 minutes total cooking time. This same recipe takes about an hour in the oven.
What to Serve with Stuffed Peppers
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Mexican Rice
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Frozen Margaritas
- Homemade Salsa
- Baked Tortilla Chips
More Stuffed Pepper Recipes
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Flavor packed ground beef, chopped veggies, mexican rice and melty cheese are cooked and served inside colorful bell peppers. Just ten minutes on high pressure for amazing stuffed peppers in the Instant Pot!
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 pound 85/15 ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup mexican rice cooked use leftover mexican rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 cups colby jack cheese shredded and divided
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pour tomato sauce into a heat proof bowl and add diced onion. Heat the onion/tomato sauce mixture in the microwave for about 5 minutes to soften onions. Set aside to cool.
Cut the tops off of bell peppers. Remove stems and seeds and dice the tops of the bell peppers. Pour 1/3 of a cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot, add cooking rack and place bell peppers on top.
In a large mixing bowl, combine one pound of uncooked ground beef, cooled onion/tomato sauce mixture, diced bell peppers, 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese, 3/4 cup of cooked mexican rice, 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and chili powder.
Fill bell peppers with ground beef mixture and top with remaining cheese. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure. Then use a Quick Pressure Release. You can test mixture for doneness with a meat thermometer. It should be cooked to 160 degrees.
You must used pre-cooked rice. I used leftover mexican rice, but you can also use cooked white rice. Just bump up your seasoning so that the mixture is not too bland.
These stuffed bell peppers are great frozen and reheated.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS