Instant Pot Stuffed Shells – Creamy ricotta and mozzarella stuffed shells recipe made easily in an Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Stuffed Shells
These stuffed shells come out so perfectly in the Instant Pot! Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan, covered with marinara sauce and more mozzarella. You won’t go back to traditional stuffed shells after you see how easy these are to make!
Stuffing Made Easy
If you have ever made traditional stuffed shells, you know how tricky they can be. Trying to spoon soft ricotta filling into a cooked pasta shell is time consuming and messy. Instead, start with uncooked pasta shells so they hold their shape, and use a gallon size baggie as a pipping tool to stuff the shells.
How to Make Stuffed Shells in the Instant Pot
- Start by combining ingredients for filling, then transfer to gallon size baggie and snip corner.
- Pipe the ricotta filling into uncooked shells and place in Instant Pot.
- Add water followed by marinara sauce. Do not stir.
- Cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes followed by Quick Pressure Release.
- Top with additional mozzarella cheese and let melt.
- Instant Pot Tip: If any liquid starts to spray out of pressure release valve, immediately close valve and wait a few minutes before trying again.
- I highly recommend Rao’s marinara sauce for all recipes using store bought sauce. It tastes the most like homemade!
- Spray Instant Pot liner with non stick cooking spray before placing shells for easier clean up.
- Like you would with an oven baked stuffed pasta, do not stir shells before or after cooking.
- Use a large serving spoon to scoop out shells.
- If you’d like to add meat to the recipe, add cooked ground beef, turkey or sausage along with the marinara sauce.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas
Creamy ricotta and mozzarella stuffed shells recipe made easily in an Instant Pot.
- 15 oz ricotta
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 12 oz jumbo pasta shells
- 24 oz marinara sauce, Rao's recommended
- 1 1/2 cups water
In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, parmesan, egg, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and chopped parsley. Transfer mixture to gallon size baggie and snip corner to fill shells.
Spray Instant Pot insert with non stick cooking spray. Use gallon baggie to fill uncooked pasta shells with ricotta mixture, transferring them to Instant Pot as they are filled.
Add water to Instant Pot and remaining salt and pepper. Then top stuffed shells with marinara sauce. Do not stir. Set Instant Pot to cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes via Manual Mode. After cooking, use Quick Pressure Release. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and recover with lid until cheese melts.
Instant Pot Tip: If any liquid starts to spray out of pressure release valve during Quick Pressure Release, immediately close valve and wait a few minutes before trying again.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS