Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins – moist pumpkin muffins loaded with pumpkin spice and a rich swirl of cream cheese. These muffins are so perfect for fall!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Is there anything better than the combination of pumpkin and cream cheese? They really are a match made in heaven. Moist pumpkin spice muffins with a tangy cream cheese center. These are so pretty and impressive, but you can have these baked up and ready to eat in way less than an hour. Because they are so moist, they keep really nicely.
Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
I’ve been testing pumpkin muffin recipes all week. It’s kind of hard to find pumpkin muffins that aren’t loaded with sugar. I found this Inside Out Pumpkin Muffins Recipe on the King Arthur Flour Blog and they turned out so good! Sidenote: The King Arthur Flour Blog is a really great resource for high quality baked recipes. Beautiful pictures and professional tested recipes!
On a whim, I used some of the extra batter and cream cheese filling to make some swirled muffins and they were so good I had to share! I immediately made another batch and photographed them. Please put these on your must- bake list! You won’t be disappointed.
How to Make Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese
- Spray a muffin tin and liner with non stick cooking spray. This will keep the muffins from sticking to the paper liners when they cool.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese mixture. You can mix by hand or use a hand or stand mixer.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix pumpkin muffin batter. You can mix by hand or use a stand mixer or hand mixer. If you are using a hand mixer or stand mixer, be careful not to over mix.
- I like to use an ice cream scoop to portion muffin batter. The kind with a trigger that makes the batter drop out easily. This keeps the muffins all the same size so they bake up evenly.
- Evenly distribute cream cheese by the tablespoon full onto each muffin. Use a toothpick to swirl cream cheese into batter and bake.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners then spray muffin tin and liners with non stick cooking spray. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, milk, honey, vegetable oil, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in flour just until combined.
Divide pumpkin batter evenly between muffin cups. Use a standard size ice cream scoop or a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion batter. Then spoon heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture unto muffins and use a toothpick to swirl the batter.
Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into edge of muffins, not cream cheese mixture, comes out clean.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS