Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo – this cajun alfredo is absolutely loaded with flavor! Seasoned chicken and smoked sausage in a homemade cajun alfredo sauce.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
This recipe is a combination of two of my most popular recipes, One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo and CrockPot Chicken Alfredo. This slow cooker version is so delicious and sure to be a hit with your family. The smoked sausage and cajun seasoning flavor the chicken and alfredo sauce as it is cooking and gives the dish so many layers of flavor!
The best part is that even the pasta cooks right in the slow cooker.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Alfredo in the Slow Cooker
- Start by giving the chicken breasts a quick sear in a pan. Then transfer the juices and chicken breasts to the slow cooker. This step adds just a few minutes, but really helps add more flavor to the pasta.
- Next, add sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth and seasonings to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours depending on your slow cooker. Cooking time in the slow cooker varies so much, it’s best to check the temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached 165 degrees. Once the chicken is cooked through, set aside to cool and then slice.
- Stir in uncooked pasta. You can use any bite sized shaped pasta.
- Finally, stir in freshly grated parmesan cheese and return chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle with fresh parley and additional seasoning.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Cajun Chicken Alfredo is packed with flavor and so easy to make in the slow cooker!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coarse cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 pound of uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 5 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper
- garlic powder
- Pat chicken breasts dry and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Heat olive oil over high heat and quickly sear chicken breasts on both sides.
Add chicken breasts,sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, cajun seasoning and several turns of freshly ground black pepper to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours, until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and slice.
Stir in 1/2 cup of hot water and uncooked penne pasta, cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes. Just until pasta is tender.
Once pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese, sliced chicken and additional salt and black pepper to taste.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS