Instant Pot Lasagna – tender lasagna noodles, creamy ricotta cheese, flavorful Italian sausage all topped with freshly grated mozzarella cheese. This Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe has all the slow cooked flavors of traditional lasagna but cooks up in a fraction of the time.
Instant Pot Lasagna
I love cooking up one-pot style pasta in the Instant Pot. It comes out perfectly every time and you only have one pot to clean.
My secret to slow cooked flavor in a one-pot pasta like this lasagna is using chicken broth instead of water. You can certainly use water in this recipe, but using the chicken broth adds layers of flavor to the dish, and makes it taste like it has been cooking all day.
How to Make Lasagna Instant Pot Style
- Start by sautéing diced onions and minced garlic in olive oil, then brown the sausage. You can use ground beef or ground turkey as well. Season the sausage with salt and pepper as it cooks. When I’m sautéing and browning meat in the Instant Pot, I always make sure the saute setting has been increased to more so that it is cooking at its highest temperature.
- Then use the chicken broth to deglaze the bottom of the Instant Pot by using a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape the bottom of the pot while the chicken broth comes to a simmer. This has two benefits, the first is that it picks up all the extra flavor and the second is that it helps prevent a burn error on the Instant Pot.
- Next, stir in the marinara sauce and broken lasagna noodles.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, then use a quick pressure release.
- Open lid and stir in ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Top with additional mozzarella and let melt.
More Instant Pot Recipes
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
- Instant Pot Lasagna RecipePrep Time10 minsCook Time5 minsPressure Build15 minsTotal Time30 minsCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianKeyword: Instant Pot Lasagna, Lasagna Instant PotServings: 8Calories: 570 kcalIngredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce recommended Rao's
- 1 pound lasagna noodles broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil or flat leaf parsley
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
Nutrition FactsInstant Pot Lasagna RecipeAmount Per ServingCalories 570 Calories from Fat 270% Daily Value*Fat 30g46%Saturated Fat 11g69%Cholesterol 68mg23%Sodium 1044mg45%Potassium 693mg20%Carbohydrates 50g17%Fiber 3g13%Sugar 6g7%Protein 25g50%Vitamin A 579IU12%Vitamin C 8mg10%Calcium 177mg18%Iron 3mg17%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
In a 6 Quart Instant Pot, heat olive oil using Sauté function set to high (More setting.) Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes or until they start to soften, then add garlic and sauté for another minute.
Add ground sausage and season with one teaspoon of kosher salt and several turns of freshly ground pepper. Continue cooking sausage breaking up as it cooks until cooked through.
Add low-sodium chicken broth to Instant Pot and use it to deglaze instant pot by scraping the bottom of the Instant Pot. Stir in marinara and broken uncooked lasagna noodles.
Lock lid in place and set Instant Pot to 5 minutes on High Pressure. Make sure pressure release valve is set to sealing. Instant Pot will take 10-15 minutes to come to pressure, then will start 5 minute cooking time and countdown from there.
Once Instant Pot has counted down from 5 minutes it has completed cooking. Turn pressure release valve to venting and let Instant Pot Quick Pressure Release. Stir in ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup mozarella cheese. Top with remaing mozzarella and let melt. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and parmesan. Serve immediately.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS