Harvest Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner – juicy maple glazed chicken thighs with harvest apples and vegetables all on one sheet pan.
Harvest Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
Loaded with fresh apples, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, red onions and fresh herbs this chicken sheet pan dinner is perfect for fall. For a touch of sweetness, lightly glaze the chicken thighs with maple syrup before cooking.
- 2 pounds bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 apples
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- red onion
- olive oil
- fresh sage
- fresh rosemary
- fresh parsley
- maple syrup
What Kind of Sheet Pan to Use
One of the problems with sheet pan meals is that they often aren’t enough to feed a whole family. So you can either use two sheet pans, or try one of these big sheet pans that I have been loving. It’s 21×12 vs the standard 12×17. This allows for more food to feed a family of four to five. Even with a standard sheet pan dinner, these bigger pans allow more space for browning. This recipe will work with either a regular sized sheet pan or a bigger sheet pan.
- Before preparing the apples and vegetables, build the marinade for the chicken thighs and let them marinate at room temperature while prepping the rest of dinner.
- Dice vegetables and apples according to cooking time. Sweet potatoes should be cut smaller to cook quicker, while apple slices should be cut larger.
- If substituting dried herbs for fresh, reduce dried herbs to one teaspoon since they have a stronger flavor.
- Maple glaze is optional but adds a touch of sweetness to the chicken which is a nice contrast to the vegetables.
More Sheet Pan Dinners
- Sheet Pan Sausage with Potatoes and Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin Dinner
- Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
If you make this, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram at @no2pencilblog
Harvest Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner - juicy maple glazed chicken thighs with harvest apples and vegetables all on one sheet pan.
- 2 pounds bone in, skin on chicken thighs 4-6 thighs depending on size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 apples cut into large slices
- 1 pound brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a gallon size plastic baggie, combine chicken thighs, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, apple cider vinegar, garlic, sage, rosemary, and parsley. Set aside to marinate while chopping vegetables.
Chop sweet potatoes, apples, onions, and brussels sprouts. Add to sheet pan and toss with remaining tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
Remove chicken thighs from baggie and add to sheet pan. Brush chicken thighs with maple syrup.
Roast for 35 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked and chicken thighs reach 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes, watching carefully, to add aditional crispiness to the chicken thighs.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS