I have the ultimate combination of peanut butter and chocolate to share today. These peanut butter cup stuffed chocolate chip cookies are amazing, and they have Peanut Butter M&M’s on top. A double peanut butter punch!
I’ve had my eye on these amazing Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate for a while, and I finally got to try out the recipe for our Super Bowl party. I made half with Oreos and half with frozen peanut butter cups. They were a huge hit! Bonus: You can find the Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, plus other amazing recipes in The Picky Palate Cookbook
These cookies are big and impressive, and make a gorgeous presentation for gift giving.
For more fun ideas, follow me on Pinterest.
- 2 sticks 8 oz of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 10.5 oz bags of FROZEN Reese's Peanut Butter Cups about 28 full size peanut butter cups
- 1 12 oz bag of Peanut Butter M&M's
- Start by freezing peanut butter cups. They should be frozen when they go into the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat room temperature butter and sugar until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue stirring until well combined.
- Continue mixing and slowly add dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- To layer cookies. Start with two tablespoons of cookie dough, place frozen peanut butter cup on top, then place another two tablespoons of cookie dough on top of the peanut butter cup.
- Gently seal the peanut butter cup inside the cookie dough by pinching the edges together.
- Press Peanut Butter M&M's onto top of cookie dough. I used eleven M&M's on each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so start checking before 15 minute mark.
Is there anything better than a peanut butter cup stuffed inside a chocolate chip cookie? Try stuffing a peanut butter cup in my Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup. It is an over the top single serving treat!
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS