This Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate is an absolutely delicious treat. It’s a rich and creamy homemade white hot chocolate with a touch of warm pumpkin pie spice. Perfect for getting cozy with a on a crisp fall night.
If you’ve never made real homemade hot chocolate, this is a great recipe to start with. You will never go back to hot cocoa packages!
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of milk - I used skim milk
- 1 cup of good quality white chocolate chips Ghirardelli recommended
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- Whipped cream and additional pumpkin spice to sprinkle on top.
1. Heat cream and milk in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until hot but not boiling.
2. In a medium sized bowl, pour heated cream and milk over white chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted.
3. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin spice.
4. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
A few tips:
Keep a close eye on the milk and cream mixture – once it is hot, turn off the flame. It doesn’t need to come to a boil.
Use good quality white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate. The flavor and sweetness of white chocolate really varies. I have found the Ghirardelli white chocolate chips to have the best taste and have been able to find them at almost every grocery store.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
I saw your post on Facebook, but I had to stop by your site to let you know how awesome I think your photos are!! I am very excited to try this!
Thanks so much, Carrie!
Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road
Oh my gosh that looks so good!!
Would this work with semi-sweet chocolate, or would semi-sweet chocolate be too overpowering?
It will work! It would be be a different flavor profile, but very yummy!
Great! I’m not a huge fan of white chocolate but the flavor still does sound like it might be interesting. I am a HUGE chocolate lover though.
Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
This looks so delish! Agree that it’s perfect for those cold nights. 🙂
this sounds so delish!
Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious
Please pass me a mug – I need one of these stat!
How much cocoa does this make?
HI, this is a year later, but wondering if this will keep well in a thermal pitcher. I would love to serve it at Thanksgiving.
That would work great! I would give it a stir before serving!