Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs are the the easiest way to make ribs, and they are incredibly tender and flavorful. If you have never made ribs because they seem too complicated or time consuming, this is the perfect recipe. Just like my Slow Cooker Chicken and Mexican Style Stuffed Bell Peppers, you cannot mess these up!
Start with a rack of baby back ribs. Season with salt and pepper, or all-purpose steak season and brown sugar. Rub seasoning into both sides of rack. Place entire rack of ribs in slow cooker, meaty side facing the outer wall of the slow cooker.
Pour BBQ sauce over ribs and cook on low 6-8 hours. Mine were tender after 7 hours.
Once ribs are done, remove from slow cooker and serve. Optional: Broil ribs on high for about 5 minutes in oven to further caramelize BBQ sauce. This recipes easily doubles! Just curve additional rack of ribs on the opposite wall of the slow cooker.
- Baby back pork ribs - about 2.75 pounds
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- All-purpose steak seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce of choice
- Season ribs and place in slow cooker with meaty part facing wall of slow cooker.
- Pour BBQ sauce over ribs and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve warm with additional BBQ sauce.
- Optional step: Broil ribs, in oven, on high for about 5 minutes after removing from slow cooker.
Recipe notes: Some bottled BBQ sauces can be very high in sodium, so take that into account when seasoning the ribs and adjust salt accordingly. This recipe is easily doubled to two racks.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS