I’m so excited to share this Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Swirl Pumpkin Bread recipe! Homemade pumpkin bread with a decadent and delicious cream cheese swirl. The best part is, that it bakes up PERFECTLY right in the slow cooker. Moist and delicious, you are going to love this slow cooker pumpkin bread recipe!
For this recipe, I used my 4qt round slow cooker, that way I could give the slow cooker a 1/4 turn halfway through the cooking time to promote even cooking. It worked like a charm! Make sure you spray the slow cooker insert generously with nonstick cooking spray. This will ensure the pumpkin bread pops out in a pretty round loaf and you can cut it into slices. Also note that the pumpkin batter only fills the slow cooker insert about 1/4 full. This is normal, the pumpkin bread will rise a bit will cooking.
Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the pumpkin batter and give it a swirl with a butter knife.
It may seem like a lot of cream cheese at this point, but it will bake up perfectly.
After just two hours in the slow cooker, you have a perfectly swirled pumpkin bread loaf! Seriously, isn’t this just so pretty?
Because it’s baked in the slow cooker, this pumpkin bread is so moist and delicious! I love the circle shaped loaf too, it would be so pretty wrapped in cellophane for fall gift giving!
I cut mine into thick wedges, but you could slice it too if you prefer slices.
- 1 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- For swirl
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 of granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Spray round 4qt slow cooker insert generously with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, sugar and vegetable oil.
- Transfer wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir together just until combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a hand held mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, egg, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Continue mixing until smooth.
- Spoon pumpkin bread batter into slow cooker and smooth.
- Spoon dollops of cream cheese mixture on top of pumpkin bread batter and swirl using a butter knife.
- Turn slow cooker to high and cook for two hours.
- Halfway through cooking time, use dish towel, or oven safe gloves to rotate slow cooker insert 1/4 of a turn to promote even cooking.
- Once done cooking, lift slow cooker cover direct up off of slow cooker insert to prevent any condensation that has formed from dripping back onto the pumpkin bread.
- Turn slow cooker off and let pumpkin bread cool for 10 minutes.
- Run butter knife along outside edge of pumpkin bread.
- Using a dish towel, or oven safe gloves to protect hands, place covered hand gently on top of pumpkin bread and turn insert upside down to remove.
- Place on cooling rack to finish cooling.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
You may also like:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS