I’m really excited to share this recipe for a microwave brownie in a cup! It’s based off my popular recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup, and I have been working hard to develop this delicious, decadent, single serving treat. I’ve used simple ingredients to create a real homemade brownie in the microwave.
Just like my other cookie in a cup recipes, you can mix and microwave this right in a coffee mug. I used a ramekin for these pictures, but either will work wonderfully. Just make sure it is microwave safe.
Brownie in a cup is absolutely amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
Just a note, make sure to follow the steps I have outlined in the recipe, and don’t substitute spreads for butter:0) For more fun ideas, follow me on Pinterest.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 firmly packed tablespoon of light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons of semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Melt butter in microwave safe mug or ramekin. Butter should be melted, not boiling.
- Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in egg yolk. Do not use egg white! Save for a different recipe or discard.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and stir again until well combined.
- Finally, add chocolate chunks.
- Cook for about 45 seconds in microwave. Do not over cook. Microwave times may vary.