Christmas Cookie Decorating Board – inspire an epic Christmas cookie decorating party with this fun cookie decorating board!
Cookie Decorating Board
I love creating beautiful charcuterie and dessert boards and I thought it would be fun to create a Christmas Cookie decorating board to go along with one of our favorite holiday traditions, decorating Christmas cookies! This is a perfect idea of you are hosting a cookie decorating party. It was a huge hit with my family and it makes an amazing centerpiece!
Link to the board I used: Charcuterie Board
How to Make a Cookie Decorating Board
- I wanted to keep this super easy and fun. I collected the decorating supplies from my local Michael’s store and Target.
- I used refrigerated Pillsbury sugar cookie dough to bake the cookies. You could definitely make homemade, but these were so quick and delicious and the perfect size. I made 6 dozen so the kids would have plenty to decorate!
- I made homemade buttercream frosting to frost the cookies for a special touch.
- After decorating the cookies with my family, the one change I would make to the board is that everyone wanted to use piping bags. I ended up transferring a bunch of the frosting to piping bags during the party to everyone could be more creative.
- It’s really fun to see what everyone comes up with. I decorated a couple cookies before to give the kids some ideas, but their ideas were even better than mine! They were so creative, it was really fun to see.
Decorating Supplies Needed
- Variety of Sprinkles
- Mini M&M’s and regular M&M’s
- Food Coloring
- Piping bags and frosting tips. I did not use frosting tips in all the bags, I just snipped the very ends off.
- Pillsbury Holiday Pastry Bag – this was so great, I wish it came in more colors!
- Wilton Christmas Tree Decorating Kit – I found mine at Target in the holiday baking area, but I don’t see it online.
- Candy Eyes
- Sugar Santa and Mrs. Claus are also from the Target Wondershop area but are not online. Aren’t they the cutest?
- Paper plates
- Spoons and butter knives for spreading frosting.
- Waterproof table cover to prevent food coloring from staining table.
- Black paper and chalk markers.
- Platters to take cookies home. I used oversizes paper plate platters I found at Target.
Christmas Cookie Decorating Board – inspire a creative Christmas cookie decorating party with this fun decorating board!
- 6 dozen Sugar cookies
- Mini M&M'S and regular M&M'S
- Candy Eyes
- Green and Red Food Coloring
- 4 sticks salted butter softened
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipping cream more as needed
Bake cookies and let cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla followed by whipping cream. Add more cream if needed. Divide frosting and mix in food coloring.
Assemble board with a variety of frostings, piping bags and cookie decorations.
More Creative Board Ideas
- Christmas Wreath Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Charcuterie Board
- Hot Chocolate Dessert Board
- S’mores Dessert Board
This post contains affiliate links.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS