Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies – buttery shortbread cookies loaded with chocolate chips and pecans and rolled in powdered sugar.
Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
These little cookies are so delicious and perfect for the holidays. Traditional snowball cookies have just pecans, but these snowball cookies are even better! The combination of classic chocolate chip cookies and snowball cookies make a great little treat.
Would you believe until this year, I had never made a snowball cookie? I love the festive snowball look of the cookies but the ones I had tried were always hard, dry and flavorless. This cookie is none of those things! The combo of chocolate chips and pecans is delicious, and they have the perfect buttery shortbread texture.
How to Make Snowball Cookies
- Start by mixing a shortbread cookie dough. You can use a stand mixer with paddle attachment or a hand mixer.
- Note: There is no baking powder or baking soda in this recipe.
- Use a tablespoon to measure cookie dough and roll into a ball.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use a shiny aluminum baking sheet for best results.
- These cookies don’t spread, so you can put them a little closer together than other cookies.
- Bake until bottoms are a light golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then roll in powdered sugar.
- Let cool completely, then roll in powdered sugar again.
- Store tightly covered for up to three days.
Tips for Making Ahead
- For best results, prepare cookie dough as instructed.
- Scoop and roll cookie dough balls. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Once cookie dough balls are frozen, transfer to a freezer safe storage bag and freeze up to 3 months.
- Alternatively, freeze baked cookies for up to three months in a freezer safe storage bag or container.
More Christmas Cookies
- M&M’S Christmas Cookie Bars
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- M&M’S Christmas Cookies for Santa
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars
Buttery shortbread cookies loaded with chocolate chips and pecans, rolled in powdered sugar.
- 12 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract. Gradually add flour, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Stir in chcolate chips and pecans.
Use a tablespoon to measure cookie dough and roll into ball. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Bottoms of cookies should be a light golden brown.
Let cookies cool for 5 minutes, then roll in powdered sugar. Let cool completely and roll again. Store tightly covered for up tp three days.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
I just love how easy these were to make. And the pecans were so delicious!
I love how easy and tasty these are! So perfect for this time of year!
These were so easy to make and really yummy! My family enjoyed some and we shared with our friends too.
Is it just one egg?
Yes, just one egg. ?
I love snow ball cookies! I had never thought to put chocolate chips in before. I LOVED them! Such a great addition! YUM!
Mmm I LOVE shortbread cookies – but the addition of these chocolate chips really take them to the next indulgent level! A perfect cookie for our neighborhood treat gifting plate. Thanks!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing chocolate chip snowball cookies recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!