Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – soft peanut butter cookies topped with a delicious Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Just 5 ingredient!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
These peanut butter cookies are so easy to make and totally delicious, and they pack a double punch of peanut butter. They bake up soft, and once you press the peanut butter cup into the warm peanut butter cookie, you have heaven on earth! The best part is, these cookie have just five ingredients, including the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Use a stand or hand mixer to combine peanut butter and sugar.
- Add one egg and one teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Measure 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough, or use a medium sized cookie scoop, and roll into a ball. Then roll cookie dough in sugar. Bake for about 14 minutes or until light cracks begin to form in the cookie.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately press peanut butter cups into warm cookies.
- Let cool and serve.
- Most importantly, use regular creamy Skippy or JIF peanut butter. I love natural and freshly ground peanut butter, but they don’t have consistent results with this recipe. I have not tried reduced-fat peanut butter in this recipe but would not recommend it. The cookies need the regular ratio of fat to sugar to bake up properly.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe to serve a crowd.
- Unwrap the peanut butter cups before you start baking. You want the cookies to be hot when you press them in, so it’s a good idea to have them ready to go.
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free since it does not contain flour. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are considered gluten-free according to their nutrition information, but seasonal shaped varieties, like Christmas trees, may vary.
- 1 cup peanut butter, not natural or reduced-fat
- 1 cup sugar plus extra for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 20 Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups unwrapped
Preaheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Use a stand mixer with paddle attachment or a large bowl with a hand mixer to combine peanut butter and sugar. Beat until well combined and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorpated.
Measure 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough or use a medium sized cookie scoop and roll into a ball. Bake for about 14 minutes or until you can see light cracks in the cookies start to form. Remove from oven and immediately press peanut butter cups into each cookie. Let cool and serve. Store tightly covered for up to three days
More Christmas Cookies
- M&M’S Christmas Cookie Bars
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- M&M’S Christmas Cookies for Santa
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS