These shrimp fajita bowls are packed with flavor and such an easy meal prep recipe. Flavorful shrimp, colorful bell peppers, black beans and cilantro-lime rice in a convenient grab and go box.
Meal Prep Recipe
The best meal prep recipes are the ones that get you in and out of the kitchen quickly, with healthy meals for the week. That’s why I love these shrimp fajita bowls. I use one of my favorite recipes, Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas to prep these bowls. Quick preparation and the easiest clean up.
Easy Meal Prep
Prepare the shrimp and bell peppers by cooking them quickly on one sheet pan. Cut down preparation by buying shrimp that are already peeled and deveined. Slice the onions and bell peppers very thin so they cook at the same rate as the shrimp. To make clean up even easier, line the sheet pan with foil before cooking.
Glass Meal Prep Containers
These containers are my favorite for meal prep. They are divided into three sections to keep your meals neat. They are microwave and dishwasher safe, too. You can find these pretty glass meal prep storage containers here .
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2 cups seasoned black beans
- 4 cup cooked cilantro-lime rice
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, shrimp, olive oil, salt and pepper and spices.
Toss to combine.
Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
Spread shrimp, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet.
Cook at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
Squeeze juice from fresh lime over fajita mixture and top with fresh cilantro.
Let shrimp and bell pepper mixture cool, then divide into 4 containers.
If preferred, remove shrimp tails prior to cooking for easier serving.
Cilantro Lime Rice recipe coming soon.
You may also like:
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS