Sausage Breakfast Casserole – this easy breakfast casserole is loaded with sausage, egg, and cheese. Perfect for busy mornings or holidays.
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
This breakfast casserole has become one of our family favorites. It’s a must make for us every Christmas morning. I love it because it’s a snap to make and can be served hot or at room temperature. So it’s perfect for a potluck or a brunch. This sausage and cheese breakfast casserole is by far the easiest casserole dish I have made in a long time. A layer of crescent rolls topped with crumbled browned breakfast sausage, cheddar cheese and eggs. We sprinkle ours with a touch of fresh chives and serve with a dollop of sour cream. Delicious and it makes great leftovers, if you have any leftovers!
How to Make Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Start by spraying a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Then unroll an 8oz tube of original crescent roll dough and lightly press it into the pan. Pinch the seams of the dough together.
- Top with cooked breakfast sausage.
- Add freshly shredded cheese. In this casserole, I used 2 cups of cheese which made it super cheesy and delicious. It’s also great with just a cup of shredded cheese. Note: If you are using a package of pre shredded cheese, only use one cup. The shreds are smaller and tightly packed together and it’s more cheese per measured cup.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over casserole and bake 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until egg mixture is set.
- Then you have this gloriously cheesy breakfast casserole.
- A sprinkle of fresh chives is the perfect finish.
More Breakfast Recipes
Sausage Breakfast Casserole - this easy breakfast casserole is loaded with sausage, egg, and cheese. Perfect for busy mornings or holidays.
- 1 8 oz tube of Pillsbury Original Crescent dough
- 1 pound breakfast sausage cooked
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh chives minced
- Cook breakfast sausage on stove top, breaking up with wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll an 8oz tube of original crescent roll dough and lightly press it into the pan.
- Pinch the seams of the dough together.
- Top with cooked sausage.
- Next add a layer of cheddar cheese.
- Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly over casserole.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, until eggs are just set.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS