Sheet Pan Hasselback Kielbasa Sausage – flavor packed sausage glazed and roasted with onions and bell peppers.
Sheet Pan Hasselback Kielbasa
This post contains amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
A couple months ago, I picked up Ina Garten’s new cookbook, Go-To Dinners. This recipe caught my eye immediately! Kielbasa sausage, cut in thin slices halfway down, and brushed with a homemade honey mustard glaze that coats the sausage between each slice. The onions and pepper add extra flavor to the sausage while it’s cooking and are served as a vegetable side. The entire meal is absolutely delicious, family friendly, and the perfect way to mix up the weeknight dinner menu.
Hasselback Kielbasa Ingredients
- Kielbasa – Two 14 oz kielbasa sausage ropes. We tried smoked sausage in this recipe and it works perfectly. You can switch out the Kielbasa for any variety of smoked sausage, from Hot Smoked Sausage to Cheddar.
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion – a white or yellow onion would work as well.
- Bell Peppers – I like to use red, yellow, and orange because they are the sweetest.
- Seasoning – Kosher Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Smoked Paprika
- Dijon Mustard
How to Make Sheet Pan Hasselback Kielbasa
- Start by cutting the onions and bell peppers into thick slices. The onions should be cut into two inch wedges and the bell peppers into one inch slices. In a small bowl, whisk together honey and mustard.
- Toss onions on sheet pan with bell peppers, olive oil, and seasonings.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, slice sausage hasselback style, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Add sausage on top of onions and peppers and brush with honey mustard.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, brushing sausage two more times with honey mustard as it roasts.
More Sheet Pan Dinners to Try
- For roasting sheet pan dinners, I like to use a dark colored sheet pan to increase the browning and flavor of the vegetables.
- This recipe works great with smoked sausage.
- I like these flavors paired with macaroni and cheese and a fresh salad for dinner, but I think it would be amazing served with scrambled eggs for a delicious savory breakfast or brunch.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion cut into two inch wedges
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow, orange cut into one inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 14 oz Kielbasa Sausage Ropes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss onions, bell peppers, and garlic with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Roast for 10 minutes.
While onions and peppers are cooking, slice sausages hasselback style. Use a small sharp knife to cut even slices about halfway down into sausage. Do not cut all the way through. In a small bowl, whisk together honey and mustard.
Top onions and peppers with sausage and brush sausage with honey mustard mixture. Roast for 10 minutes, then brush with honey mustard again. Roast for 10 more minutes, and brush with honey mustard for the 3rd time. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes if needed. Serve with extra honey mustard and top with fresh parsley.
Adapted from Ina Garten’s Hasselback Kielbasa from Go-To Dinners: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS