I’m super excited to share these delicious M&M’s Christmas Cookie Bars! The recipe is really, really good and perfect for holiday baking. These are easy to make and packed with chocolate, yum! The texture of the M&M’S with the mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips is so good. Perfect for a party or holiday gift giving. These make a big 9×13 pan of rich and delicious M&M cookie bars. Depending on how you cut them, they can make 18 bars all the way up to 36 bars.
You can already grab a big bag of Christmas M&M’s for your holiday baking needs!
I initially planned on just baking these with mini chocolate chips and Christmas M&M’S, but after I transferred the cookie dough to the pan, I thought a pop of white chocolate chips would make it look even more festive.
So when I pressed the additional M&M’S and mini chocolate chips onto the top of the cookie dough bars, a trick I always use when making chocolate chip cookies or M&M’s cookies, I added some white chocolate chips too.
These baked up perfectly!
These cookie bars are getting me so excited for Christmas!
- 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Christmas M&M's , plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
- Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add M&M's and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M's, mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
- Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
- Press additional M&M'S, mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes on oven rack in lower third of oven to prevent over browning.
- Let cool completely and cut.
adapted from FOOD NETWORK MAGAZINE CHOCOLATE LOVER’S COOKBOOK
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.