Spiked Cherry Bombs – maraschino cherries soaked in cinnamon whiskey and dipped in melted white chocolate are like boozy Hot Tamales!Jump to Recipe
Spiked Cherry Bombs
Cherries soaked overnight in Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey and dipped in melted white chocolate, these are going to be a favorite at any grown up holiday party. My sister brought these to our annual favorite things party and everybody went crazy for them. The sweetness of the white chocolate offsets the flavor of the whiskey and makes them taste like little Hot Tamales.
Spiked Cherry Bomb Ingredients
- Maraschino Cherries – 2 containers with the stems on. Some are sold with no stems so make sure to take note when purchasing
- Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey – inexpensive and fun to have on hand
- White Melting Wafers – The Girardelli White Vanilla Flavored Melting Wafers have the best flavor and melt smoothly
- Sanding Sugar – for dipping, green for Christmas or any color to match your holiday
Soaking the Maraschino Cherries
Drain liquid from cherries, add cinnamon whiskey until they are covered and refrigerate. Let soak for 24 hours before preparing, or up to 3 days in advance. Cherries should be kept refrigerated while soaking.
How to Make Spiked Maraschino Cherries
- Start by soaking cherries in Fireball cinnamon whiskey as instructed above.
- When ready to prepare, strain cherries and pat dry.
- Reserve whiskey that has been strained for another use.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt wafers according to package directions.
- Dip cherries one at a time about 3/4 of the way down into melted white chocolate.
- Tap off excess on side of bowl and quickly dip bottom 1/4 of cherry in sanding sugar.
- Place dipped cherries on parchment paper to set.
Spiked Cherry Bomb Recipe Tips
- Look for white melting wafers, they melt more smoothly than white chocolate chips.
- Look for maraschino cherries with stems on, some jars do not have stems.
- We tested out the cherries dipped in sprinkles and nonpareils and preferred the texture and added sweetness of the sanding sugar.
- Let cherries soak overnight, or for up to three days ahead.
- Reserve strained Fireball Whiskey. This makes fun cherry flavored party shots!
Spiked Cherry Bombs - maraschino cherries soaked in cinnamon whiskey and dipped in melted white chocolate are like boozy Hot Tamales!
- 2 12oz jars maraschino cherries
- 1 cup Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- 10 oz White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Sanding Sugar
One day ahead, or up to three days ahead, drain cherries and add Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey to jar. Keep refrigerated. When ready to prepare, strain cherries and pat dry. Reserve whiskey that has been strained for another use.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt wafers according to package directions. Dip cherries, one at a time, about 3/4 of the way down into melted white chocolate. Tap excess on side of bowl and quickly dip bottom 1/4 of cherry in sanding sugar. Place dipped cherries on parchment paper to set.
MORE CREATIVE CHRISTMAS RECIPES
- Snowman Cheese Ball
- Christmas Wreath Charcuterie Board
- Rudolph Cheese Ball
- Christmas Charcuterie
- Grinch Pancakes
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS