Chocolate Chip S’Mores Cookies – Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies with classic S’Mores baked right inside for the ultimate dessert mash-up.
Chocolate Chip S’Mores Cookies
Chocolate Chip S’Mores Cookies are so simple but so delicious! Homemade chocolate chip cookies with a classic S’more baked right inside. Two classic desserts combined into one fantastic cookie. It’s an ooey gooey mash-up that everyone will go crazy over. This cookie has been going viral on social media with store-bought cookie dough, so I thought it might be even better with homemade cookie dough, and it is! The chocolate bar and marshmallow melt while the cookie dough is baking and make an out of this world flavor and texture combination. A must try!
Chocolate Chip S’Mores Cookies Ingredients
- Graham Crackers – classic graham crackers or cinnamon will work. Sometimes they don’t want to break in half cleanly so I use a serrated knife to score them again before breaking.
- Chocolate Bars – I used classic Hershey Bars and I think they pair nicely with the semisweet chocolate chips in the cookies. Use what you have or love, a Reese’s Cup would be amazing here.
- Marshmallows – Standard size marshmallows are the perfect fit.
- Unsalted Butter – Use a higher quality name brand butter for cookies for the best results.
- Brown Sugar – use fresh soft golden brown sugar.
- Granulated Sugar
- Egg – at room temperature.
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour – use the scoop and sweep method to measure flour to avoid overpacking the measuring cup. Use a spoon to scoop flour into measuring cup, then sweep the flat side of a butter knife to level.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder – as we head into baking season, it’s a great time to replace your baking soda and baking powder to endure they are fresh.
- Table Salt
- Chocolate Chips – semisweet or any chocolate chips you prefer. I think the semisweet pairs nicely with the milk chocolate bars in the S’Mores.
How to Make Chocolate Chip S’Mores Cookies
- Prepare homemade cookie dough.
- Arrange graham crackers, chocolate bars, and marshmallows on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies six at a time on baking sheet to accommodate spreading.
- Use a large cookies scoop to measure cookie dough. Flatten cookie dough into a disc shape and cover marshmallows.
- Top with additional chocolate chips and bake until edges are light golden brown and marshmallows have melted. 10-13 minutes.
- These cookies are big and decadent. The recipe makes 12 large cookies. If you prefer, you can make 6 s’mores cookies and freeze the remaining cookie dough or bake it as regular chocolate chip cookies.
- Use a reflective silver baking sheet to avoid the graham crackers and bottoms of the cookies getting too brown.
- Use a large sized cookie dough scoop or three tablespoons of cookie dough.
More Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup
- Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Christmas M&M’S Cookie Bars
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies with classic S'Mores baked right inside for the ultimate dessert mash-up.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 6 graham crackers broken in half
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars
- 12 marshmallows regular size
Preheat oven to 350℉ and line two light colored baking sheets with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg scraping down sides as needed.
In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to stand mixer and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Bake 6 cookies on each sheet. Arrange graham crackers, chocolate bar pieces, and marshmallows on cookie sheet. Use a large cookie dough scoop to portion cookie dough, about 3 tablespoons of dough. Slightly flatten cookie dough into a disc shape and place on top of marshmallows. Top with additional chocolate chips. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cookie edges are light golden brown and marshmallows have melted.
Let cool and serve.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS