Bake just two chocolate chip cookies with this classic single serving cookie recipe.
Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have the absolute most perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe to share. The best part is, it only makes two cookies. So you can indulge in these single serving cookies without having a huge batch sitting around to tempt you. They also whip up very quickly, and all in one small bowl. Plus they are huge, so it’s up to you if you want to share!
How to Make Just Two Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Start with softened butter, butter should just be soft enough to blend.
- Melted butter will cause the cookies to spread.
- Do not add all the ingredients to the bowl at once. Build the cookie dough the same way you would make a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and sugar, then add salt and vanilla and stir. Add in egg yolk and stir until well combined.
- Then add flour and baking soda, finally stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide cookie dough into two balls and topping with additonal chocolate chips.
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
- M&M’S Cookie Bars
Recipe for two large chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk discard or set aside egg white for a different use
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, cream softened butter and sugars togther. Then add salt and vanilla and stir until combined.
Add egg yolk and stir again.
Add baking soda and flour and stir until combined.
Then stir in chocolate chips.
Form cookie dough into two balls and place on baking sheet. Top with additional chocolate chips.
The cookies will spread during baking, so make sure they are several inches apart.
Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Remove baking sheet from oven and give the baking sheet a firm, but careful bang on the counter top. This will help deflate the cookie and give it a perfect wrinkly appearance.
This recipe was originally published in September 2012 and updated on May 2020. The picture below is from the original post.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS