Crockpot Chicken Fajitas – a hands-off chicken fajita recipe that’s loaded with flavor. Tender chicken, bell peppers, onions, and seasoning simmered in the slow cooker.
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Chicken Fajitas are always a great idea for dinner. Lean protein plus lots of veggies and seasoning make a healthy and flavorful dinner. We love my Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, and this is a delicious slow cooker spin on the same recipe.
How to Make Chicken Fajitas in the Crockpot
- Start by combining seasoning mixture in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add 2 pounds chicken breasts, 1/2 cup of orange juice, and 1/2 of seasoning mixture to Crockpot.
- Top chicken with bell peppers, onions, olive oil, and remaining seasonings.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, depending on slow cooker.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over chicken before serving. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Slow cooker cooking times vary greatly. Please ensure chicken has cooked to a minimum of 165 degrees.
- To slice chicken, remove the entire breast from the slow cooker and let rest. Then slice against the grain.
- Alternatively, you can serve chicken shredded.
- If you don’t have orange juice, you can substitute with chicken broth.
- The amount of liquid released during cooking will also vary depending on the moisture content of the chicken breasts and bell peppers. Ladle excess liquid out after cooking and set aside for serving and for reheating leftovers.
- The olive oil adds healthy fat to the recipe, and enhances the flavor of the seasoning. You can skip the olive oil if you want to reduce the overall calories and fat.
What to serve with Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- Serve with warm flour or corn tortillas
- Avocado slices or guacamole
- Mexican Rice
- Frozen Margaritas
- Homemade Salsa
- Baked Tortilla Chips
A hands-off chicken fajita recipe that's loaded with flavor.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch slices
- red onion cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lime
- flour tortillas
- sour cream
In a small bowl, combine kosher salt, black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and cumin.
In a 6 quart Crockpot, add chicken breasts, orange juice and 1/2 the amount of seasoning mixture.
Top chicken breasts with bell peppers and onions. Drizzle with olive oil and top with remaining seasoning. Cook on high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours. Slow cooker times vary greatly, make sure chicken breasts have cooked to a minimum of 165 degrees. Top with fresh lime juice and cilantro.
To serve chicken sliced, remove chicken brests and let rest. Then slice against the grain. Can be served shredded as well.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS