Cranberry Brie Phyllo Bites – an easy and elegant four ingredient holiday appetizer.
Cranberry Brie Phyllo Bites
Chunks of gooey melting brie with tart cranberry sauce and toasted pecans in a crispy phyllo shell. If you need a quick and easy festive appetizer for the holidays, this is absolutely perfect. They only take a few minutes to assemble and heat in the oven or even a toaster oven. The store bought phyllo shells are already fully cooked and just get a little crispy in the oven while the brie is melting. I recommend using my Fresh Cranberry Orange Sauce for the recipe, but canned whole berry cranberry sauce would be a great option too.
Cranberry Brie Phyllo Bites Ingredients
- Phyllo Shells – The Phyllo Shells can be found in the freezer section, see photo above. They are fully baked and ready to serve but they crisp up nicely when heated in the oven with the brie.
- Brie – Cut into bite size chunks.
- Cranberry Sauce – homemade if available, but if not, a lot of stores carry good quality cranberry sauce in the deli area during the holidays. Canned whole berry cranberry sauce would also work.
- Toasted Chopped Pecans – toasting the pecans brings of the nuttiness of the pecan and adds an extra dimension of flavor.
- Fresh Rosemary – optional garnish
How to Make Cranberry Brie Phyllo Bites
- Start by toasting pecans.
- While pecans are toasting, cut brie into bite sized pieces.
- Chop pecans.
- Fill phyllo shells with brie, a small amount of cranberry sauce, and chopped pecans.
- Bake at 300 for 8-10 minutes, or until brie is starting to melt.
- Optional: Serve with very small sprigs of fresh rosemary.
More Holiday Appetizer Ideas
- Christmas Wreath Charcuterie Board
- How to Make a Salami Rose
- Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
- Snowman Cheese Ball
- Rudolph Cheese Ball
Chunks of gooey melting brie with tart cranberry sauce and toasted pecans in a crispy phyllo shell.
- 15 frozen phyllo shells
- 8 oz brie cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Fresh Rosemary
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Toast pecans in oven on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Let cool and chop.
Dice brie into bite size chunks and place in the phyllo shells. Spoon a small amount of cranberry sauce into shells and sprinkle on pecans. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 300 degrees until brie has started to melt. Optional: Serve with small springs of fresh rosemary.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS