One Pot Swedish Meatballs – This quick and easy Swedish meatball recipe cooks homemade meatballs, creamy sauce, and noodles all in one pot.
One Pot Swedish Meatballs Recipe
Swedish meatballs make the perfect one pot recipe! Homemade meatballs browned in a skillet, then simmered in a mixture of beef broth and milk to create a creamy sauce. Add the uncooked egg noodles to simmer in the flavorful sauce and finish with parmesan cheese to give it extra pop. This one pot recipe is sure to be a hit with even your pickiest eaters, and you might already have these ingredients on hand.
Ingredients for Swedish Meatballs
- Ground Beef: extra lean works best so there is not excess fat in the completed dish
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs: I used garlic and herb breadcrumbs, but Italian seasoned would work as well
- Grated Onion: I like to use the large holes on a box grater versus chopping so the onion combines easily into the ground beef.
- Minced Garlic: finely minced or pushed through a garlic press
- Egg: helps bind the meatballs together
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper: if using table salt reduce amount by about 1/2
- Olive Oil: to brown the meatballs
- Beef Broth: use low-sodium to control the saltiness of the finished dish
- Milk: 2% or whole milk works best to avoid the sauce being too thin
- Worcestershire Sauce: for the traditional Swedish meatball flavor
- Wide Egg Noodles: these go into the pot uncooked and simmer in the sauce
- Parmesan cheese: for best results use freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Bagged shredded parmesan cheese does not melt as smoothly
How to Make One Pot Swedish Meatballs
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, egg, salt and pepper and form into meatballs.
- Brown meatballs in large skillet.
- Add low-sodium beef broth, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add uncooked egg noodles and simmer until tender.
- Stir in parmesan followed by chopped parsley for garnish.
More One Pot Recipes
- One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- One Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo
- One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
If you make these Swedish Meatballs, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram at @no2pencilblog
This quick and easy swedish meatball recipe cooks the homemade meatballs, creamy sauce, and noodles all in one pot.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14.5 oz can low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups milk. For best results use 2% or whole milk.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- fresh parsley for garnish
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, egg, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Use a fork to gently combine meatball mixture to avoid over-mixing. Gently shape into about 20 meatballs.
Heat olive oil in large skillet and brown meatballs on each side. They do not need to be cooked all the way through at this point.
Add beef broth to pan scraping up browned bits from the bottom, then add milk, Worcestershire sauce and remaining teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Bring milk to a simmer, then add uncooked egg noodles and simmer for another 8 minutes uncovered on medium heat until noodles are tender. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS