Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Recipe – homemade pumpkin cream foam over ice cold and smooth vanilla cold brew coffee with a dusting of pumpkin pie spice.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew from Starbucks is, in my opinion, the best drink they offer! Smooth and delicious cold brew coffee with a creamy pumpkin cold foam. It’s perfect for those transitional fall days when it’s too hot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte. It’s incredibly easy to make this homemade version any time of the year.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Recipe Ingredients and Supplies
- Milk Frother – a hand frother works great for this recipe!
- Heavy Cream – you can use half and half, but the foam won’t be as thick and rich. The best results are with heavy cream.
- Skim Milk – to make the cream a pourable consistency.
- Torani Vanilla Syrup – this syrup acts as the sweetener, it’s added to both the pumpkin cream and the cold brew coffee.
- Pumpkin – just a tablespoon is the perfect amount to give pumpkin flavor while still allowing the cream to froth.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – you can substitute cinnamon
- Cold Brew Coffee – I love the Starbucks Cold Brew from the grocery store. It’s so smooth and refreshing. You can use homemade cold brew or any brand you prefer. Make sure to note if it’s ready to serve cold brew or cold brew concentrate and adjust accordingly.
How to Make a Homemade Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Use a frother to combine heavy cream, milk, vanilla syrup, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Froth until mixture is thick and creamy but still pourable.
- Fill cup with ice and add two pumps of vanilla syrup. Pour cold brew coffee of choice over ice and stir.
- Top with pumpkin cream and dust with pumpkin pie spice.
- I tried different variations of half and half vs heavy cream and found the blend of heavy cream and skim milk worked best to make the foam thick but pourable.
- For more pumpkin flavor you can add two tablespoons of pumpkin, but it does inhibit the frothing.
- A handheld frother worked the best for me. I have an expensive frother that makes hot or cold froth and I much prefer the inexpensive hand held frother. It easy to clean and fast. Plus it can be used to whisk other small things, like scrambled eggs!
- This recipe makes four servings. The leftover pumpkin cream can be stored in the refrigerator tightly covered and will just need to be freshened up by frothing again.
My Most Popular Pumpkin Recipes
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk
- 1/4 cup Torani Vanilla Syrup plus more for the cold brew
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice plus more for topping
- 40 oz Cold Brew Coffee
Combine cold heavy cream, skim milk, vanilla syrup, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. I like to use the frother to first whisk it together. Once the mixture is combined, tilt the frother at a 45° angle just under the surface and froth until smooth and creamy.
To assemble the cold brew, fill cup with ice, add two pumps of vanilla syrup (about 1 tablespoon), pour cold brew coffee over ice leaving room at the top for the pumpkin cream. Pour or spoon pumpkin cream mixture on top of cold brew and dust with additional pumpkin pie spice.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS