Pumpkin Muffins with Maple and Brown Butter – Tender, fluffy pumpkin muffins made with brown butter and pure maple syrup.
Pumpkin Muffins with Maple and Brown Butter
Big, fluffy and tender, these muffins are a classic combination of fall favorite flavors and a huge crowd pleaser. Perfect for baking ahead because they stay so moist and delicious. Besides baking up so beautifully, they are so easy to make. No mixer required and they conveniently use an entire 15 oz can of pumpkin. No leftover pumpkin!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Muffins
- Butter – unsalted browned butter, directions for browning butter are in recipe card
- All-Purpose Flour – spooned into measuring cup and leveled
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda – use fresh for best results. This would be a great time to make sure your baking powder and baking soda are fresh heading into holiday baking season.
- Salt – table salt
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – you can also use a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice
- Pumpkin – 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- Eggs – large eggs that are at room temperature for best results
- Golden Brown Sugar – firmly packed
- Pure Maple Syrup – not pancake syrup
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How to Make Pumpkin Muffins
- Be sure to scroll to the recipe card for complete instructions and measurements.
- Start by browning butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- In medium sized bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a larger bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined. Then stir in brown butter.
- Divide muffins evenly in muffin tin and bake.
- Muffin tins will be very full when the batter is divided. See picture above.
- Use non stick cooking spray or parchment liners to make sure muffins don’t stick.
- Use real pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup.
- Oven rack should be placed in upper third position in oven. Muffins are better baked higher up so that the tops lift while baking.
More Pumpkin Muffin Recipes
Tender, fluffy pumpkin muffins made with brown butter and pure maple syrup.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350° and place oven rack in top 3rd of oven. Line muffin tin with parchment liners.
Cut butter into pats and add to small skillet. Heat over medium to medium low heat, stirring butter constantly. Remove from heat once butter starts to foam and butter is a light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
In a larger bowl, stir together, pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients, then stir in brown butter. Use a standard sized ice cream scoop to evenly dived muffin batter into muffin tin. Bake for about 25 minutes, until tops of muffins spring back when lightly touched.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS