Salmon Rice Bowl – fluffy rice topped with flavor packed quick marinated salmon, creamy avocado, and fresh vegetables. Finish with Kewpie Mayo, Sriracha, and Furikake Seasoning and it’s like a salmon sushi roll in a bowl.
Salmon Rice Bowl
Absolutely loaded with flavor, you can make the salmon in an air fryer or the oven. A quick asian inspired marinade elevates the salmon and pairs perfectly with a steaming bowl of freshly cooked white rice. Add the creamy avocado and fresh vegetables and you have an incredibly satisfying quick meal. This makes amazing leftovers, and its perfect for a meal prep! This has really become a family favorite recipe. If you have an Instant Pot, try my Instant Pot Salmon Rice Bowl.
Salmon Rice Bowl Ingredients
- Rice – use your preferred rice. I usually use short grain sushi rice or extra long grain rice prepared according to package directions.
- Salmon Portions – I used skinless salmon portions that are about 5 ozs each. I also love to make these with the frozen salmon portions from Costco. They thaw super quickly in water and are great to keep in the freezer.
- Olive Oil – for the marinade, any kind will work.
- Soy Sauce – to add that umami flavor, helps develop the quick flavor in the marinade.
- Toasted Sesame Oil – a small amount goes a long way when building flavor.
- Garlic – freshly minced for best results.
- Green Onions – a quick dice adds that fresh onion flavor to the marinade. Dice extra to top the salmon bowl.
- Avocado – creamy, ripe avocado makes the bowl extra satisfying.
- Mini Cucumber – adds the perfect fresh crunch.
- Shredded Carrots – use the large holes on a box grater.
- Kewpie Mayo – a Japanese mayo that is extra rich because it’s made with egg yolks versus American mayo that is made with whole eggs. This will become a new kitchen staple.
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce – the popular hot sauce is perfect for adding a kick to your salmon bowl.
- Furikake Rice Seasoning – a dry Japanese seasoning adds texture and flavor.
How To Make Salmon Rice Bowls
- Make sure to scroll to the recipe card for complete cooking instructions.
- Start by preparing rice and marinating salmon.
- Cook salmon in air fryer or in oven. Air Fryer is slightly quicker and will save you preheating time.
- Assemble salmon rice bowls.
- Divide rice into bowls, top with salmon portions. Add avocado, carrots, and cucumbers.
- Top with Kewpie Mayo, Sriracha, and Furikake Seasoning.
More Asian Inspired Dinner Ideas
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 salmon portions about 5 oz each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion minced, plus more for topping
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup mini cucumbers sliced
- Kewpie Mayo
- Furikake Seasoning
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Prepare marinade by whisking together olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and green onion. Add salmon and turn to coat. Let salmon marinate at room temperature while rice is cooking. Marinate for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes. When ready to cook, gently pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
For Oven: Roast salmon for about 10 minutes at 425°. Cooking time will vary depending on salmon portion sizes.
For Air Fryer: Air Fry for about 8 minutes at 380°. Cooking time will vary depending on salmon portion sizes.
Divide rice into 4 equal portions. Top with salmon. Add sliced avocado, carrots, and cucumbers. Top with Kewpie Mayo, Sriracha, Furikake Seasoning, and Green Onions.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS