Sheet Pan Cajun Shrimp Dinner – this easy sheet pan dinner is loaded with flavor and colorful vegetables!
Cajun Shrimp Dinner
This is one of the easiest shrimp dinners you can throw together! Cajun seasoned shrimp with smoked sausage and colorful veggies. Cajun seasoning is such a great all-purpose seasoning and it lends so much flavor and a little bit of spice to the entire recipe.
How to Make Sheet Pan Cajun Shrimp Dinner
- Start by chopping all veggies and sausage to roughly the same size so they cook evenly.
- Combine sausage and veggies with olive oil and cajun seasoning and set shrimp aside to be added back in later.
- Roast veggies and sausage at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes. While those are cooking, combine shrimp with olive oil, garlic and cajun seasoning. Then add to pan and cook for about 5 more minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Use a heavy dark colored nonstick sheet pan for best results. The darker sheet pan heats faster and adds more color to the veggies as they cook.
- I use a coarse blend of gourmet cajun seasoning. If you are using a fine blend, decrease the total amount used to 1 tablespoon and add more as needed to prevent over salting.
- Add the shrimp to the pan after the first 10 minutes of cooking to prevent overcooking. Adjust cooking time depending on size of shrimp.
- I recommend combining the freshly minced garlic with the shrimp instead of all the vegetables to prevent the garlic from burning.
More Cajun Recipes
More Sheet Pan Recipes
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil
- Steak and Shrimp Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes with Broccoli
This easy sheet pan dinner is loaded with flavor and colorful vegetables!
- 1 pound shrimp large, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons coarse cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- fresh parsley chopped
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a heavy duty sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine bell pepper, squash, zuchinni, onion, and smoked sausage on sheet pan. Toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning. Roast for 10 minutes.
While sausage and veggies are cooking, in a medium sized bowl, combine shrimp with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, minced garlic and 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning.
Remove sausage and veggies from oven and add shrimp to pan. Return to oven and cook for another 5 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice over shrimp and sprinkle fresh parlsey over before serving.
In this recipe, I use a coarse blend of cajun seasoning. If using a fine blend, reduce seasoning to 1 tablespoon and add more as needed.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS