Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip – Creamy cheesy spinach artichoke dip stays hot and dippable in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
I’ve been testing out variations of spinach artichoke dip and one thing that has been driving my crazy is how fast it cools down. So I set out to make a slow cooker version that would stay warm for easy dipping. This is a classic spinach artichoke dip. A cream cheese based dip that is easy to throw together but tastes just like the restaurant style favorite!
Converting Spinach Artichoke Dip to a Slow Cooker Recipe
When working on the recipe, one area I wanted to address was the amount of dip. Classic spinach artichoke dips are very rich so the amount of dip is fairly small, especially when put in a standard size slow cooker. And for entertaining, I didn’t want my guests to have to reach way down into the slow cooker. I also noticed our family of 5 still has plenty of leftovers from one recipe. So instead of increasing the recipe to fit a standard size slow cooker, I used a small slow cooker. I opted for a 2 quart slow cooker with adjustable temperature control. There is a smaller 1.5 quart Crock Pot that is specially for dips, but you can’t control the temperature which will cause the dip to get too hot. Finally, I adjusted the recipe by adding the spinach closer to the end to ensure that it stayed green. Adding the spinach at the beginning of the cook time caused it to turn a brownish green that was not as appetizing. I also prefer to add the mozzarella at the end so that it stays melty and smooth.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Artichoke Hearts – canned artichoke hearts drained and chopped.
- Frozen Spinach – thaw while the cream cheese and artichoke mixture is cooking. Then use paper towels to squeeze excess liquid from thawed spinach.
- Mozarella Cheese
How to Make Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Transfer to slow cooker and heat on high for 1-2 hours, or low for 3-4 hours.
- Once dip is hot, stir in thawed spinach and mozzarella cheese and heat for another 30 minutes.
- Switch to warm setting.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- French Bread Slices
- Tortilla Chips – I really love blue corn tortilla chips with this dip!
- Fresh Veggies
More Game Day Favorites
- Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Crispy Oven Roasted Buffalo Wings
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Crispy Buffalo Drumsticks
- Buckeye Peanut Butter Balls
- M&M’s Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip S’Mores Cookies
Creamy cheesy spinach artichoke dip stays hot and dippable in the slow cooker.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and artichoke hearts. Transfer to slow cooker and heat on high for 1-2 hours or low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
While dip is heating, let spinach thaw. Once spinach is thawed, use paper towels to squeeze excess liquid from spinach. Once dip is hot, stir in spinach and mozzarella cheese and let heat for another 30 minutes. Set slow cooker to warm to keep warm. Serve with French bread, tortilla chips, and veggies.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS