White Cheddar Witch Hat Halloween Cheese Ball – a bewitching Halloween appetizer that is perfect for any spooky season party.
Jump to Recipe
Witch Hat Halloween Cheese Ball
Freshly shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, and black poppy seeds are all you need to make this delicious and fun cheese ball for Halloween. Guaranteed to be a hit at any party, you can serve it with pretzel thins, crackers, fresh bread, and fresh vegetables. Bonus, you can make it ahead! Inspired by my Pumpkin Cheese Ball, Rudolph Cheese Ball, and Snowman Cheese Ball.
Witch Hat Halloween Cheese Ball Supplies
- Plastic Wrap
- Food Safe Disposable Gloves – optional but I find it helpful
- Serving Platter
Cheese Ball Ingredients
- 2 blocks of Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 3 cups of freshly shredded White Cheddar Cheese, at room temperature.
- 1 package Ranch Seasoning or dip mix
- Poppy Seeds
- Pretzels, Crackers, Bread and/or Vegetables for servings
How to Make a Witch Hat Cheese Ball for Halloween
- Make sure to scroll to the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredients.
- Start with cream cheese and white cheddar at room temperature before mixing.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and ranch seasoning.
- On a large sheet of plastic wrap, shape the witch hat form, using gloves if you prefer.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm, 2-4 hours.
- Unwrap and cover with poppy seeds.
More Halloween Recipes
- Any type of semi-hard cheese will work. Extra sharp cheddar adds a lot of flavor. I used white to keep the cheese ball white.
- The poppy seeds add great flavor and crunch to the cheese ball. I think black sesame seeds would be a great substitute as well.
- I like serving this with the pretzel crisps. I think they look like a skull and are perfect for Halloween!
Witch Hat Halloween Cheese Ball - this bewitching cheese ball is so easy to make and always a hit at parties!
- 16 oz Cream Cheese 2 blocks at room temperature
- 3 cups Sharp White Cheddar Cheese shredded, room temperature
- 1 oz Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup Poppy Seeds
Let cream cheese and shredded sharp cheddar come to room temperature. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, white cheddar cheese and ranch dressing mix.
Divide cream cheese mixture into 1/3 and 2/3 portions. Transfer 1/3 of cheese mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a flat wide disc to make hat brim. If the mixture is very soft, place brim portion in freezer for 30 minutes to firm.
Add remaining cream cheese mixture in cone shape on top of brim. Shape into hat form. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Once cheese ball is set, sprinkle and press poppy seeds to cover. Serve with crackers. pretzels, bread, and vegetables. Can be made several days ahead and stored covered.
The poppy seeds are an estimated amount. You need to start with a generous amount when coating the cheese ball.
If you make this, please tag me on Instagram! I would love to see it.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
this was a game changing cheese dish for October, and the flavor is incredible! thank you for sharing this recipe
What a unique way to serve the cheese ball, I can’t wait to try this.
Journa Liz Ramirez
My kids enjoyed making these cute witch hat cheese balls! They are fun to eat and perfect for trick-or-treat parties.