I have the absolute most perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe to share today. The best part is, it only makes two cookies. So you can indulge in these single serving cookies without having a huge batch sitting around to tempt you. They also whip up very quickly, and all in one small bowl.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 firmly packed tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk – discard or set aside egg white for a different use
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 heaping tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter just until it starts to melt and is softened. Blend softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla together by hand.
- Add egg yolk and stir again.
- Add baking soda and flour and stir until combined.
- Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Form cookie dough into two balls and place on baking sheet.
- The cookies will spread during baking, so make sure they are several inches apart.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and give the baking sheet a firm, but careful bang on the counter top. This will deflate the cookie and give it a perfect wrinkly appearance.
Need a peanut butter fix? Try my recipe for just two peanut butter cookies.
If you don’t have time for oven baked cookies, try my microwave recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup. It’s another perfect single serve dessert.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new posts and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there!
Thanks for reading!