Our family loves sweet tea, especially at a party or BBQ. One of my favorite things to do is sit in the backyard and watch the kids play while I sip on an icy glass of sweet tea. I thought it was about time I shared my Perfect Sweet Tea Recipe.
This sweet tea is the perfect balance of flavors, and a pinch of baking soda gives it an ultra smooth finish. Baking soda is the secret ingredient that makes this sweet tea recipe so good!
- 10 regular sized Lipton tea bags
- Fresh, filtered water
- 1½ cups of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat and add tea bags.
- Let tea steep for about 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add sugar to hot water.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add baking soda and stir again.
- Pour tea and sugar mixture into large pitcher.
- Add 12 cups of ice water and stir until cooled.
- Serve over ice.
- Makes one gallon of sweet tea.
You may also like: