Snickerdoodle cookies are a family favorite, and these Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies are the perfect way to kick-off the season of all thing pumpkin spice. These cookies got rave reviews from both my husband and my kids. My husband said they were just the perfect about of pumpkin and my kids LOVED the way they smelled baking! Tender and soft, Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are rolled in a combination of pumpkin pie spice and sugar for the perfect crispy and chewy outside. If you like snickerdoodles and all things pumpkin spice, you are going to love these cookies!
This recipe is slightly different than traditional cookies in that you are not going to combine the sugar and butter for the first step. Just mix the softened butter, then combine with sugar, pumpkin, vanilla extract, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
Then stir in the egg, followed by the flour. Then it’s time to chill. The dough will be very soft, so it will need to chill for at least two hours.
Once the dough has firmed up, it’s time to scoop. I finally purchased a cookie scoop and I don’t know what took me to long. It is awesome and scoops the dough perfectly! This little scoop is making my baking life so much easier!
Just look at that perfect little cookie dough scoop! I’m obsessed!
Gently roll the dough into a ball and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Place on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat silicone liner or parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. If you are using dark colored baking sheets, you may need to shorten the baking time.
There you have it, cinnamon sugar pumpkin perfection!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of 100% pure canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- For rolling:
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat room temperature butter on medium speed for about 30 seconds, just until smooth.
- Add sugar, pumpkin, vanilla extract, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Beat until well combined, about 2 minutes. Pause to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add egg and let combine.
- Then add flour and let mixture combine until all flour is incorporated, again scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate approximately two hours, until dough is a scoopable consistency.
- After two hours, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine remaining sugar and pumpkin pie spice on a spare piece of parchment paper or in a flat pie pan.
- Line baking sheets with non stick silicone liner, or parchment paper.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop dough.
- Lightly roll dough into ball and coat with pumpkin pie spice sugar mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Adapted from Better Homes and Garden Fall Baking Publication 2016 recipe for Pumpkin-Raisin Doodles
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
You may also like: