These Chocolate Chunk Cookies Bars are so delicious! Rick chunks of semi sweet chocolate baked in a golden brown buttery cookie dough! So simple to bake and perfect for feeding a crowd. The texture of the semi sweet chocolate chunks is outrageously chocolatey and delicious, definitely a hit with chocolate lovers!
Start by mixing up the cookie dough. I like to use my stand mixer, since the dough is pretty thick.
Transfer the cookie dough to the foil lined pan and sprinkle with more mini chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. I really go all in with the chocolate chunks on top because I love the texture and the look of the bars once they are baked. So rich and delicious!
I like to under bake the bars just slightly and usually take them out right at the 30 minute mark.
- 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 1 11.5 oz package of chocolate chunks
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
- Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chunks and 1 cup of mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some chocolate chunks and mini chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
- Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
- Press remaining chocolate chunks and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes on middle rack of oven.
- Let cool completely and cut.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS