These Skillet Shrimp Fajitas are a quick and easy dinner recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights. Colorful seasoned bell peppers, onions, and juicy shrimp cooked quickly in a hot skillet and served in a warm tortilla.
Easy Dinner Idea
Fajitas are a weeknight staple at our house. They are family-friendly, fast, healthy, and packed with flavor. My Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas are one of my favorite dinners to make, but for nights when you don’t want to turn on the stove, it converts perfectly to a skillet dinner.
How to Make Shrimp Fajitas
- Slice bell peppers and red onion into thin strips.
- Pat shrimp dry.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and seasonings.
- Heat olive oil over high heat in large skillet.
- Add onions and bell peppers to skillet and season with 1/2 of seasoning mixture.
- Cook onions and bell peppers for about 5 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Push onions and bell peppers to one side and add shrimp.
- Season with remaining seasoning and cook for another 5 minutes, or until just pink and cooked through.
- Top with fresh lime juice and cilantro.
Skillet Shrimp Fajitas Tips
- Use a large skillet so the pan is not crowded.
- Have all ingredients ready to go before you start cooking. These skillet shrimp fajitas only take a few minutes to cook.
- Pat shrimp and veggies dry before cooking.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa or cheese.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Recipe
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
If you make this, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram at @no2pencilblog
These Skillet Shrimp Fajitas are a quick and easy dinner recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights.
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed, patted dry
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- tortillas, warmed
In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and smoked paprika.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over high heat in a 12 inch cast iron pan.
Add onions and bell peppers and 1/2 of seasoning mixture. Cook for about five minutes, or until onions and bell peppers are tender.
Push onions and bell peppers to the side of the skillet to make room for the shrimp.
Add remaining olive oil to skillet, followed by shrimp and remaining seasoning mixture.
Saute shrimp until pink and cooked through.
Squeeze juice from one fresh lime over skillet and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve in warm tortillas.
Have shrimp, bell peppers and onions prepared before you start cooking. This recipe only takes a few minutes to cook and you want to have all the ingredients ready to go once you start cooking.
What to Serve with Shrimp Fajitas
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
I love easy to prepare meals. This is definitely a life saver, especially on weeknights. We will definitely try this soon. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Thanks so much, Sheila!
These are incredible and were the perfect weeknight meal for our family!
This quickly became a favorite at my house!
This is easily a family favorite! We love how quickly it cooks up and the flavor is spot on!
Oh my gosh. I’m drooling all over my keyboard. I have to make these skillet shrimp fajitas for the family!
So easy to make and had TONS of flavor!!
Can you use a pan other then a cast iron pan
Yes! Any pan will work ?
Delicious and easy to make!
These fajitas were amazing, so much flavor in them! The shrimp turned out so perfectly juicy!
Fantastic recipe! The seasoning you used was perfect and really made the fajitas extra delicious!
I am printing this for my college son!
Taught my g-daughter this recipe to teach her how to read a recipe and cook it. Came out delicious.
Easy and fantastic. They were perfect and hit the spot!
My shrimp-loving family loved these! There were no leftovers!
Incredible! So much flavor & the shrimp makes them even more hearty! Makes the house smell so good!